The Most Successful Natives

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Re: The Most Successful Natives

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]..the fact that TWC civs don't have artillery..[/quote]

Wrong mein freund, Iroquois get arty in age II (Mantlet) and even get ur normal canon in age III. Aztec get those stupid Arrow knights, which act as running falcs and running Culvs in 1 single unit! Only civ that doesnt get a military unit designed 2 siege buildings are the Sioux ( but their siege dance makes up 4 it sooooooo well :p )
out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Funny. Last patch folk kept going on and on about how bad Coyotes were. You guys remember that?
Indeed mate, last patch skirms and xbows countered them better than pikes but now they got 0.75% vs them (which is the same multiplier they have vs cav) and they're faster and war dance pops up earlier! Now nothing kills them! :p
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]..the fact that TWC civs don't have artillery..[/quote]

Wrong mein freund, Iroquois get arty in age II (Mantlet) and even get ur normal canon in age III. Aztec get those stupid Arrow knights, which act as running falcs and running Culvs in 1 single unit! Only civ that doesnt get a military unit designed 2 siege buildings are the Sioux ( but their siege dance makes up 4 it sooooooo well :p )
out[/quote]

I stand corrected, Lazy... forgot about those meddlesome light cannon, which are not only cheap and cost less pop than European guns, but have better range and work as culverins and falcs.

Arrow knights are just plain strange AND annoying. How the hell can a bowman kill an artillery piece? Ah, the bizarre nature of the counter system...
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

it might be worth mentioning that lately with sioux i have been going full cav, sending 4 axerider as my 2nd ship, and usually 4 vills, furrier, and great huntter. after the last 3 cards in particular i have no issue getting ~70 vills at 17 mins WHILE COLONIAL with full pop with that fertility dance + market

>:]

maybe it would be worth a rec
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Tatltael""]it might be worth mentioning that lately with sioux i have been going full cav, sending 4 axerider as my 2nd ship, and usually 4 vills, furrier, and great huntter. after the last 3 cards in particular i have no issue getting ~70 vills at 17 mins WHILE COLONIAL with full pop with that fertility dance + market

>:]

maybe it would be worth a rec[/quote]

Yes it would. I've been dabbling in the Sioux lately and cannot boom to save my life.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

What I felt with Sioux was that it was like playing with a bomb next to you. At 20~ mins you run out of hunts and you used to be dead :\ How are sioux atm, can they kick some arse before dying?
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]..the fact that TWC civs don't have artillery..[/quote]

out[/quote]
Aren't the canons age 4?
Makes it quite hard to actually use them.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Psst, they were nerfed cause they used to be OP
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Cammel""][quote=""LaZy""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]..the fact that TWC civs don't have artillery..[/quote]

out[/quote]
Aren't the canons age 4?
Makes it quite hard to actually use them.[/quote]
Yeah, age 4, I always loved the team games wher I'd try an FI and spam those cannons like no tomorrow, they were great! lol
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!