Pikemen

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Royal_Guard
Private
Private

Re: Pikemen

Post by Royal_Guard »

[quote=""rufio_eht""]think about what it would do to hit and run micro if every shot went in a more random location.[/quote]

that would be hilarious to watch
"In the end of the day, as long as there are still two people left in the world, someone is going to want someone dead."
Krankz
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Pikemen

Post by Krankz »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Most mornings I try to get as much intellectual work as I can out of the way as I prepare to launch my website. I'll have more information on that as it develops; basically it's going to be a place to post my articles, stories, essays and satires.

Anyway, I've been reading a history of criminal punishments lately and this morning I ran across this line about one of our favorite (or hated) AOE3 units: THE PIKEMAN: "When he becomes a pike-bearer, the soldier will have to march in step in order to have as much grace and gravity as possible, for the pike is an honorable weapon, worthy to be borne with gravity and boldness."

The next time I send my pikemen into battle--skewering hussars or burning down the Toshugu Shrine--I will be sure to remember that they are wielding "honorable weapons..." and I will always tell them to march gracefully! Mastering pike/RI micro is a fine art, and it helps to know that your pikes have both "gravity and boldness" :-P[/quote]

lmaooo @ that part in Bold, lolz, nice find btw :)