AOE 3 Style Battle

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: AOE 3 Style Battle

Post by Saint »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Saint""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Saint""]How about...War is stupid (.) ~period[/quote]

War is not stupid. It is inevitable. There is no time of peace in any period of recorded history.[/quote]

And that makes it Smart ?????

Have you ever been in a war ?[/quote]

No, but my grandfather served in WWII, and I've had friends killed in action. War is neither smart nor stupid. Was the American Revolution stupid? The US involvement in WWII stupid? The first Iraq campaign?
There are times when war is necessary and justified. Heck, one could make the argument that the game we love to play glorifies it....[/quote]

all good points, However i cannot agree in total. War is an Abomination to a reasonable person! I know what it can be like and i know what it can do to the self. War is never justified to a person of reason. I have served and i regret it! I fight NOW for a better life on ANY country save the one i'm in! I'm an American and Not proud of it. Why...Becouse i know what my government is and does. I wouldnt go to war for any country..Only myself!
aka~Rubber_Chuck
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

nice clip, but personally my favourite war clip will have to be at the end of the last samurai. in the final battle. ohh what a film :cry: (jk)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Tubruk""]nice clip, but personally my favourite war clip will have to be at the end of the last samurai. in the final battle. ohh what a film :cry: (jk)[/quote]

Yes, I like that one too. The music is really good, too... I think it was a Hans Zimmer score. Ah, charging gatling guns with naginata riders... it works well in AOE3, but likely would not have worked in reality :twisted:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

All time best 5 mins of war movie is the 1st 5 mins of Saving Private Ryan. Although not in the Ages of Empires franchise those 1st five mins are just so real.

out
Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Saint »

[quote=""LaZy""]All time best 5 mins of war movie is the 1st 5 mins of Saving Private Ryan. Although not in the Ages of Empires franchise those 1st five mins are just so real.

out[/quote]

Too Real!
aka~Rubber_Chuck
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""Saint""][quote=""LaZy""]All time best 5 mins of war movie is the 1st 5 mins of Saving Private Ryan. Although not in the Ages of Empires franchise those 1st five mins are just so real.

out[/quote]

Too Real![/quote]

The first 5 mins is just some old guy looking at a grave stone. If you liked that you'll love the 25minutes after that. ;)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I do love the British Grenadiers Quick March! The Coldstream and Scot Guards Quick March are other favourites of mine, I do like a good marching song lol. And The Patriot is a great film!

I believe thats what they used to do in armies, take turns it shooting each other, and the bigger armies/the ones with the better guns/better shots won. But usually the bigger armies.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Not at all, the army with the greater morale, fire rate, training and discipline would win. War has never been about numbers alone and it never will.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Crazy""]they had horrible micro[/quote]

ROFL! GG!