What is Your Favorite AOE 3 Unit and Why?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: What is Your Favorite AOE 3 Unit and Why?

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Skirm/forest prowler. Hit n run, micro like hell.

I miss FF wars :'([/quote]

NR 10..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

FF wars is nr 7 mins :p NR 10 i'd FI :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]FF wars is nr 7 mins :p NR 10 i'd FI :D[/quote]

ROFL :)

my fav is the HIGHLANDER !
They rock

also really like rodeleros, tiger claws & rattan shields 8)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

[quote=""LaZy""]Villagers. Vills is what makes the game fun. I like having them go to my allies Town Centre and get a little shopping going. Especially if ur ally is France. All the new hip fashion designs make my female villagers gather food from berries even more delightful. I also like my villagers when they head to their raves. Its so cool watching them go round and round and round in circles partying away in the Fire pit. They really have a great time. I guess those berries might b similar 2 magic shrooms. When the vills get hungry they can b seen hunting animals by unpacking oversized spears and bows from their invisible backpacks. They can even hunt by themselves since the various animals they shoot at just stand there looking destiny in the eyes and hoping for a swift end. After the excitment of the "kill" my vills rush to closeby trees to gather firewood. With this firewood they can crawl into their undersized houses and feast on their freshly hunted food whilst enjoying a warm cosey atmosphere as they hear artillary sounds in the far distance. When things get hectic my vills ask me to make a church so that they can feel "protected" and spiritually excempt from their orgies. Yes orgies! every time I want them to really party I hit the Bell. In an instance they all rush into the town centre for some serious intimate fun. Villagers can even be "transfomred" into mean fighting machines if u pimp them with market upgrades or if u really wanna c them metamorphasize u can always Revolutionize. Villagers r also very Lazy, they dont mind standing for hours on end if I dont give anything 2 do. They never grow old nor need time 2 go c the dentist. They dont pay Tax and always do as they´re told.

Out

PS without vills u aint gonna do very much. But b ware if u pay more attention 2 ur vills then ur miltary units ull start 2 be more and more like LordandCount[/quote]

Lazy, you are honestly a genius. :)
Groovy.
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Missionaries FTW; they make everything around them better (with Unction) (Imperial Monitors with Ships Howitzers Upgrade a close second)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Nighthawk22""]lol, ur right, villies do pwn. So thats why theyre 2nd in my book. I like Uhlans and Doppels a tad bit more. ;)[/quote]

So that would make them third? ;) lol how long since you were in school? ;) hehehe

My fave unit would be the abus, they just look so cool, and by far make the best firing noise in the game! I am very much a lover of Ranged Infantry!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I like Zamburaks, followed by Howdahs. Zams rock against cav, and Howdahs have enough hit points to stand up to a little attack while taking lots of stuff out.....at least in my experince, but it's been awihle.

I do love Maces, though, for the animation and sound when they "fire".
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

What's your problem, Hatamoto or Organ Guns..
Punch punch kick or thatukatukatukatukatuka
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

swis pikes
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Palehorse""]Missionaries FTW; they make everything around them better (with Unction) (Imperial Monitors with Ships Howitzers Upgrade a close second)[/quote]

Wonder if unction could affect monitor... o_O
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Swiss pikes - coolest looking unit
1,000,000 British muskets in red give me the warm and fuzzies. (Was that out loud) :oops:
Heavy cannons
Dragoons

Too many cool units in this game. That's why I really don't care if it's broken.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Great Bombard, it was the unit that when I looked into it further actually exists, then I learned every unit in AOE3 existed in some form around the era the game is set. The little history link in the Heavy info UI is actually quite interesting.

2nd best would be Abus but less for historical reasons more for gameplay uniqueness and coolness.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
petevas
Private
Private

Post by petevas »

Grenadiers ;)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]Great Bombard, it was the unit that when I looked into it further actually exists, then I learned every unit in AOE3 existed in some form around the era the game is set. The little history link in the Heavy info UI is actually quite interesting.

2nd best would be Abus but less for historical reasons more for gameplay uniqueness and coolness.[/quote]

I like the historical aspect, too. And yes, abus guns and great bombards did actually exist. The great bombard was so big that it took over an hour to reload! The Ottomans were one of the first European armies to widely use gunpowder weapons, and the abus gun was one of their earliest models. I've read that it had a "tripod," just like in the game. Imagine being some lowly bowman in the Habsburg army facing a murderous Turk armed with an abus! Look out 8O

One last thing: If you like great bombards, you can see them in a movie by Terry Gilliam called "Adventures of Baron Munchhausen," which shows the Ottomans laying siege to a fanciful German city...most likely inspired by the siege of Vienna in 1683 :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]Great Bombard, it was the unit that when I looked into it further actually exists, then I learned every unit in AOE3 existed in some form around the era the game is set. The little history link in the Heavy info UI is actually quite interesting.[/quote]

Thats what I thought about the Abus, the Ottos were the first civ to employ Artillery in their army, which is why they are available 2nd age in the game!

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]2nd best would be Abus but less for historical reasons more for gameplay uniqueness and coolness.[/quote]

Yeah they look great, although I never see much difference when they are upgraded :-/ and they make the best sound when you fire them!
They are so strong, I was playing a game yesterday and I ended up with a 7:1 kill/loss ratio! 210 kills:31 Losses
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!