Quick Search / Hosted Games

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

In majority, do you use QS or Hosted Games to find yourself a game?

Poll runs till Fri Jan 25, 2047 1:09 am

Quick Search
28%
Hosted Games
72%

Total votes: 25

EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Quick Search / Hosted Games

Post by EndlessPower »

I was wondering, which one of these methods do you guys use more frequently to find games? What are the pros and cons of each one of them?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Quick Search / Hosted Games

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I use quicksearch cause it is faster and it doesn't allow me to see what rank I'm gonna face, which is why i don't like hosting much. Yet, the last times I qs'd I either found pr 36+ or mostly Jap and India players, and a lot of times both.
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Qs, pro:
Fast to get game
Con:
India and Japan lamer cannot be evaded.... which is why i dont use qs...
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Hosted b/c 90-99% of my games are team games. Mostly because we can limit the Japan/India lamefest that is occurring in qs.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

QS

hosted games make u wanna check the other player's history/strat/decks etc causing too much troubles
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Hosted because I prefer team games. I don't care about the oppositions stats/history etc, rating really does not bother me. I play purely for fun.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

Yeah i play hosted for 1. so that if a lance corporal joins i can boot or on the other hand if a lamer or someone 7/8PR above joins. Although the other day i did 2 qs and won them both :D

BUT liek strokey and soccerman i prefer team games so hosted is generalyl the only way
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Assumed you meant for 1v1s. QS for reasons mentioned by Chaos, and because I actually find less BS in QS (most cheaters will just try to jump into your hosted game it seems).

Plus, I like to play against Japan constantly. (Actually, I get that both ways :P )
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

For clan games, obviously hosted, but for rated I go for QS. Gives me the element of surprise and doesn't let the other person quit if he doesn't like the matchup. Granted, I can't either, but I wouldn't anyway.
Groovy.
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

I do hosted, in general ive never used QS maybe i should.. ::/ half the time i cant find a decent hosted game :neutral:
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

i do qs just because it's so much easier and i can be botherd to host a game :D
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Hosted fixed map, because I really hate some maps and they take away all the fun. I like to use all different kind of maps, from the generally accpted great plains, to mud maps, water maps, painted dessert, all of them.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

in vanilla i used QS all the time, but this was when i played purely for fun and didnt care about rate, i think i might return to qs, but i want to come up with a good strat that i can use over and over, and so far i cant find one to take my fancy too much, as there is usually too many flaws in it lol!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I voted for hosted but I need to explain myself. I do mostly hosted in TAD because--as everyone has said--I am sick of playing Jappo/Indians. I used to do QS with Russia on TAD then ran into one high-rank Japanese club/ashi lamer after another and I just said "Forget it." I'm sure I would do fine if I went back to it, but I really like unrated these days and hosted is perfect for that. QS, of course, will get you a game quick.

I still use QS on TWC and vanilla, where I just practice. I like TWC for Germans because they are so UP there and if I can win with Germans in TWC, I know I'll be fine with them in TAD. On vanilla, I try out all kinds of novel strats for my more minor civs and I have a great time with that. Again, QS will let you cram in lots of games fast. If you don't care about your rank, it's the way to go. 8) That said, when it comes down to it, I play for fun, and when you do unrated games, it takes the edge off. I like that!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I voted for hosted but I need to explain myself. I do mostly hosted in TAD because--as everyone has said--I am sick of playing Jappo/Indians. I used to do QS with Russia on TAD then ran into one high-rank Japanese club/ashi lamer after another and I just said "Forget it." I'm sure I would do fine if I went back to it, but I really like unrated these days and hosted is perfect for that. QS, of course, will get you a game quick.

I still use QS on TWC and vanilla, where I just practice. I like TWC for Germans because they are so UP there and if I can win with Germans in TWC, I know I'll be fine with them in TAD. On vanilla, I try out all kinds of novel strats for my more minor civs and I have a great time with that. Again, QS will let you cram in lots of games fast. If you don't care about your rank, it's the way to go. 8) That said, when it comes down to it, I play for fun, and when you do unrated games, it takes the edge off. I like that![/quote]

Just curious, what do you find are "decent" civs in 'nilla. I used to love playing Brits/Russia/Dutch/Otto's back then and went back and played a game as Otto's and lost, played as Russia and won, and played as Germans (my new found 'love') and lost a quite competitive game. I don't lame civ's just want to know the decent ones...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th