Honorary Officer

China needs to be nerfed

Post by 36drew »

That is all.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: China needs to be nerfed

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Drew and I just had a 2v2 (I was India, he was France), against two smurf China lamers. I'm not going to go into details, but they spammed chu ko nu, qiang pikes, disciples, and hand mortars. We died despite the massive skill difference. Enough said. I'm going to flatout refuse to play any Chinese player from now on until they get butchered in the next patch...
Groovy.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Um...no kidding?
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

argh!!! I like china and I'm not good enough or explitive enough for them to be OP. But I get the feeling people will start to flat out refuse to play vs. China more and more.

I worry about a China nerf basicaly making them very weak though. If they get bad enough Guess I'll have to switch over to Japan or maybe a non-TAD civ?
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I'd rather have a worthless civ than an OP civ. That means I can play it! :)
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I don't pick the civs they pick me :D Of course I like all 3 TAD civs Japan would be the one I like most of the 3.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

how about double spain vs that double china? or at least one spanish + china ;)

at least in 1v1 I have the impression that spain > china
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]I don't pick the civs they pick me :D Of course I like all 3 TAD civs Japan would be the one I like most of the 3.[/quote]

The same with me here, though i almost didn't play the other China and India. Just waiting for another 700k XP then i have 100 Lvl Japan and can create for every other civ 100 lvl HC
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

worthless civs ftw
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

More importantly, Nav, you said you played as India. Have any good India tips?
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I have one: Don't play as India.

I think Spain is a strong civ against China but it by no means in every respect is better...China is a top civ contender atm if you ask me, especially in the early game.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

This is why I dislike 1v1. Everyone complains about the strong civs but yet everyone continues to use them because if you use a weaker civ you don't stand a chance especially in quick search where you can no longer quit to avoid a bad match up.

I had the most irritating 1v1 experience in QS as I was attempting to play as Brits and kept drawing the same Japanese player. He did the same strat every time (build nothing but Muskets and eventually add Cavalry). I tried going mostly longbows and would lose battles. I tried going mostly muskets and would lose. I tried a mixed army and would lose.

In a game where my most made unit was 75 longbows and his was 75 muskets you'd think I'd come out ahead in units killed but I didn't.

I already knew Brits were considered one of the poor 1v1 civs but I had rarely ever used Brits and never in 1v1. I guess I just needed to be convinced. :)
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Rasc:
I have found that the agra fort is the best way to age up to colonial. You get a free barracks that also serves as a defensive building. You get a barracks as soon as you hit colonial and can start making guys substantially faster than with other wonders. You also save the 200 wood for a barracks.

Also, the rodelero copies (forgot the name) are worthless. They're significantly worse than rodeleros and it was a mistake to make them against those disciple spammers.

Other than that... I'd just say don't play em.
Groovy.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""MNBob""]
I had the most irritating 1v1 experience in QS as I was attempting to play as Brits and kept drawing the same Japanese player. He did the same strat every time (build nothing but Muskets and eventually add Cavalry). I tried going mostly longbows and would lose battles. I tried going mostly muskets and would lose. I tried a mixed army and would lose.
[/quote]

Maybe here is your answer?

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... try1071739
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]

Also, the rodelero copies (forgot the name) are worthless. They're significantly worse than rodeleros and it was a mistake to make them against those disciple spammers.

[/quote]

Yeah, the Rajputs suck.....and have a wood cost as well.

Do you think Age 2 should be focused on a Sepoy army, maybe with some Gurkha mixed in?