Next N3O Tournament

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Which tournament type would you want next?

Poll runs till Thu Nov 15, 2046 8:02 pm

1 v 1 - no special settings
17%
1 v 1 - some specific settings (fixed maps, certain civs, ...)
23%
2 v 2 - teams have max 45 PR (both players combined)
51%
FFA - cuz sporting wants to pwn us all
6%
other?
3%

Total votes: 35

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Next N3O Tournament

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lol Japan will shrine boom faster than brit booms, japan has a better army. And Japan has nagis, duh, it won't be just ashis -.- They'll have same eco and Japan has superior units, I don't know why you say that Japan will rush Brit cause that's not gonna happen. 5 ashi card just screws brit eco.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]Longbows fail, and ashi > muskets. I don't see how the Brits can win that fight.[/quote]

Grens/Muskets Combo rules :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Navarone_Guy""]You automatically die if you play defensively against Japan. They'll just triple their ashi attack, go fortress, and spam fire arrows at you.[/quote]

ah ofcourse...so obvious. Brits would still be in the Stone-Age trying to invent fire while hunting dinos with sticks... :roll:[/quote]

I love your sarcasm. It's hilarious.

Instead of just mocking me, try to find a way to counter that while playing defensively with Brits.[/quote]

if only you would not make pointless black-white statements I would not need sarcasm.
triple attack/go fortress/spam fire arrows = lolzzz u'll have 100 units in ur base by then
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

If you have 100 guys in his base, why are you saying playing defensively is the way to go? I thought playing defensively meant NOT spamming hundreds of guys into his base.
Groovy.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Hold on people are saying some pretty stupid things, but if you're playing defensively vs Japan with LBs/walls to counter ashi, then he goes nags - that doesn't make GG, that means at least he's not laming ONE troops type and oh, you have to adapt.
Saying NC vs any civs is stupid, and Japan is good but beatable.
If you make a foward/wall whatever that isn't RIGHT BY YOUR ECONOMY you can counter troops effectively (i.e LBS > Ashis) and the Japan eco isn't so OP that they aren't wasting resources if they spam troops that just die without making a dent.
If Japan was THAT powerful not only would everyone be playing them, they'd be winning more ^
Also, from what I see Chaos said '100 units in ur base' which I naturally took to being defensive.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I simply ment that japan is not in fortress at 7 min with a full boom and spamming arrows etc... they do need time, so yes, I'll have lots of units in ur base, playing defensively won't change that

anyways, it looks like the 2v2 is the most popular choice atm
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Saying NC vs any civs is stupid, and Japan is good but beatable.
If you make a foward/wall whatever that isn't RIGHT BY YOUR ECONOMY you can counter troops effectively (i.e LBS > Ashis) and the Japan eco isn't so OP that they aren't wasting resources if they spam troops that just die without making a dent.
If Japan was THAT powerful not only would everyone be playing them, they'd be winning more ^
I would like to believe in your fairy tale but that's simply not true. 5 ashi one-shot kill an lb. You guys seem to underestimate shrine boom allied with OP units, honestly.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I remember both NP and Ourk saying brits do fine vs japan...
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Well, at pr 45+ perhaps they stand a chance, but that's being a little restrictive don't you think?
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Thank you for backing me, Sporting. Defense just doesn't work against Japan - trust me, I've tried against Japanese players far below me and still lost. A rush is the way to deal with them, no matter what civ you are.
Groovy.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I remember both NP and Ourk saying brits do fine vs japan...[/quote]

i remember that at least one of those two were on the ES8 team thing that helped design the patch. as far as i am concerned they are both useless..
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Tatltael""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I remember both NP and Ourk saying brits do fine vs japan...[/quote]

i remember that at least one of those two were on the ES8 team thing that helped design the patch. as far as i am concerned they are both useless..[/quote]

8O
they both are part of ES8, and did a great job with this patch imho
best patch ever.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

i duno... japan was already strong before.. its less than common sense to NOT boost them afterwards
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I think we got at least some good competitors vs japan
india, aztec, ger, iro are all strong civs atm
Even sioux in the right hands can be deadly.

and you can't expect to have a perfectly balanced game, ever.
Next patch is being made atm, so let's hope it improves the overall balance even more
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I think they did a good job, I'm just worried that this was supposed to be one of the last patches and it actually could have been a bit better right from the beginning. I find it stupid that we have 5-6 competitive civs and the rest just have impossible matchups or lose to the other competitive civs. Actually I didn't like this ''colonial all the way from now on, FF lamers'' issue.

I still remember some time ago when Wacko said that they were afraid to boost ports because it was a buildings civ which turtled and that therefore could be easily lamed and so it wouldn't be fun to play against -.- Lol, that's why balance patches fix things, if Ports actually received a real boost they could nerf CM like they did to GH, making it useless.