Installing problem

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Installing problem

Post by jerom »

So as you all should have been used to my crappy comps, I have managed to make my parents buy a new one for me a couple of weeks ago.

So as I was assumiming my nilla CD didn´t work anymore when trying to install, I hadn´t come to installing the game yet. I actually wanted to download nilla using my own CD key, but I decided to install nilla just to see if it would work on this new computer.

The main problem with the CD was gone (the setup didn't want to start) so I installed the game. However, after noticing no desktop icon had appeared, I put in the TWC disk to install. The problem was however, that the TWC disk gave me the error that nilla wasn't installed yet, and there also are no nilla files on my computer to be found.

Am I doing something wrong ? Or is the CD still being f*cked up and should I download it from internet or something ?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Installing problem

Post by joe4holly »

Email Microsoft saying your aoe3 disk will not intall and you will be sent a disk with a new CD key. I would ask for a new nilla set of CD , you just need your nilla PID Number/CD Key number.

Im looking for a link right now , give me a sec.

EDIT: - think this help you to get a replacement disk

https://support.microsoft.com/oas/defau ... ct=1&sd=gn
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

can you install tad?
this might help:

Q. I encounter "Age of Empires III was not installed for allusers or the current user. Please log in with the correct account. This setup will exit." error, when installing WarChief's. What can I do?
1. Right-Click the Start button and select "Explore".
2. Navigate to the "All Users" directory, then "Start Menu", then "Programs".
3. Create a directory called "Microsoft Games".
4. In that directory, create another directory called "Age of Empires III".
5. Rerun the War Chiefs install program.

http://agecommunity.com/faq_general.aspx#installation
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]can you install tad?
this might help:

Q. I encounter "Age of Empires III was not installed for allusers or the current user. Please log in with the correct account. This setup will exit." error, when installing WarChief's. What can I do?
1. Right-Click the Start button and select "Explore".
2. Navigate to the "All Users" directory, then "Start Menu", then "Programs".
3. Create a directory called "Microsoft Games".
4. In that directory, create another directory called "Age of Empires III".
5. Rerun the War Chiefs install program.

http://agecommunity.com/faq_general.aspx#installation[/quote]
Thanks man that is exactly the error I'm getting, will try that.

EDIT: it seems that the directory "Microsoft Games" and "Age of Empires III" already exist, and TAD installed fine.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Does anyone has any other options ? Im also having some problems with installing the fp, I get the fp launcher but fp 1.2 files are nowhere to be found, and TWC still not installed :(
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

you don't need the files, the fp launcher for 1.2 are automatically in the autoinstaller
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]you don't need the files, the fp launcher for 1.2 are automatically in the autoinstaller[/quote]
Yeah that's the problem, no fp 1.2 on the computer nor in the fp launcher nor in the autoinstaller.