Help me pls

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Help me pls

Post by LaZy »

Hey guys, earlier 2day my new monitor and 3D vision software and glasses showed up.

The installation protocol is simple: delete all Nvidia Display Drivers, reboot, install the graphix drivers from CD, reboot and then and only then install the 3D drivers.

Problem starts early 4 me. As soon as I delete All Nvidia Display drivers and reboot, windows 7 automatically updates my drivers b4 I can install the 1´s on the CD!!!!!!!

Tell him 2 stop. How do I do that pls. Its driving me nuts

out
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Help me pls

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

What I found:

Suppose you have connected a device with your computer, Windows 7 / Vista will now automatically search for the driver and install it. If you want to select every driver manually(because you have a manual driver that is better), then you should disable automatic driver installation. To do this you don’t need to install any software at all, you can do this using Windows Driver Settings.

Update: Some people complained that the original method doesn’t work at all. Reader mufuti0815 points out a method to properly disable automatic driver installation. I have tested it and it seems to be working. Here is what you need to do:

* Go to Start–>Search type in gpedit.msc
* Click the file to open the Local Group Policy Editor and show Windows who is in control!!
* You want to go here: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->System->Device Installation. Click on the subfolder Device Installation on the left and on the right side you will see the possible restrictions.
* Right Click on Prevent Installation of Devices not described by other policy settings and edit this option, set it on ENABLED.
Reboot Windows and enjoy its inability to pollute your system with its standard driver, open gpedit.msc again and revert the change so you will be able to install your driver.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Its all good

Nvidia provides an online instalation CD so u can install the 3D vision with their latest drivers. Which makes sense

testing it as we speak

looking VERY promising tbh

out
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

No update yet...guess that means we lost Lazy to a world of 3D :)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]No update yet...guess that means we lost Lazy to a world of 3D :)[/quote]

No, he's just too embarressed to post that after installing and everything found to be working correctly that his brain cannot cope with 3D images and that because of this he can just see extreme ghosting on his screen.

:wink: