How can I figure out my mouses DPI?

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

How can I figure out my mouses DPI?

Post by 36drew »

Any ideas?

Under computer/hardware, it says I have a HID Compliant Mouse, but I can't find the DPI anywhere. I was thinking about buying a gaming mouse, possibly from razerzone. Thoughts?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: How can I figure out my mouses DPI?

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

you can only find out your dpi by either launching the driver that came with your mouse (where you can switch between dpi values like 800, 1200, 2400, etc.) or by knowing the exact name of your mouse and looking up the hardware specifics on the internet

i don't recomment mice from razer, i had the one for years, they are a bit too flat and small, i personally like the G9, MX 518 or the roccat kone
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""36drew""]Any ideas?

Under computer/hardware, it says I have a HID Compliant Mouse, but I can't find the DPI anywhere. I was thinking about buying a gaming mouse, possibly from razerzone. Thoughts?[/quote]

If u have a normal mouse which was delivered with ur comp it has roundabout max 800. If u have another mouse turn it around and google after its name or post it here

EDIT: If u want to have a new mouse, read recommendations and reviews about them, BUT go to ur favourite store and hold it in ur hand. The best recommendations and reviews don't help if it feels uncomfortable using that mouse.
I use a rechargable MX 1100 before i used a MX518 which is a "classic" for gamers
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

I use the MX518 , first gamming mouse I had.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

i use the microsoft wired intelli mouse, best gaming mouse ever

Accuracy is no issue for RTS and if a mouse is light and flexible it is quick enough.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Well, I got my Razer mouse today. They were on for a good price at a local best buy... plus it's so nice looking!