AOE not Starting

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

AOE not Starting

Post by PatryK »

This is for my friend, he installed all 3 versions of AOE 3, but when he starts it he gets the following error:

Error Code: 1
Couldn't get the package encryption key
Param 1: 0
Param 2: 0

He doesn't have a C drive, just an E drive with windows XP. I googled for solutions but couldn't find anything that worked (yes he runs it as administrator and tried re-installing). Any help would be appreciated.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: AOE not Starting

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Comadevil to the rescue?

Try to post it in agecommunity.com too, Robot Entertainment can give a hand.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I really don't know because this is a very seldom issue. if u google u get only 4 results. Always questions and no answers.
One time it happened only that AOE3 didn't start anymore with this issue after AOE1+Add-On have been installed

Google
http://www.google.de/search?q=%22Couldn ... =firefox-a
PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

Yea i spent a while googling to try and find a solution, thanks anyways guys :) il see if Robot Entertainment can solve the issue.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I would guess a registration/key issue. I would suggest uninstalling and then installing and testing each version (vanilla, twc, tad) one by one as you install.

Nothing to lose certainly ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

So he reinstalled, and the first Aoe and 2nd Aoe loaded up without any errors , but when he installed asian dynasties he got the error again
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

is he installing vanilla?
PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

[quote=""Destructor2""]is he installing vanilla?[/quote]
Nope, no fanpatch or vanilla, hes just trying to get the regular game to work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that he doesn't have a C: drive, just an E: drive. Anyone got any ideas? :?:
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

you have to have vanilla installed to play on tad.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

[quote=""adeadmanrunning""]you have to have vanilla installed to play on tad.[/quote]
I dont even know what Vanilla is...i never downloaded anything to play TAD, i just installed the cd's and played...he installs his cd's and gets an error.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

vanilla is the original AOE3 version. The 1 that came before the expansions of TWC and TAD
PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

I have mentioned this is the first post, "he installed all 3 versions of AOE". He has the orginal, TWC and TAD.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

[quote=""PatryK""]So he reinstalled, and the first Aoe and 2nd Aoe loaded up without any errors , but when he installed asian dynasties he got the error again[/quote]

So, to translate. Vanilla and TWC installed and worked and the error only occurred on launching TAD. Registry or key error on TAD. Try to install off an alternative disc (eg yours) using his own key. If not, well let's see first ...

He can always play vanilla - there's plenty of people on!!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
PatryK
Conscript
Conscript

Post by PatryK »

[quote=""ruminator""][quote=""PatryK""]So he reinstalled, and the first Aoe and 2nd Aoe loaded up without any errors , but when he installed asian dynasties he got the error again[/quote]

So, to translate. Vanilla and TWC installed and worked and the error only occurred on launching TAD. Registry or key error on TAD. Try to install off an alternative disc (eg yours) using his own key. If not, well let's see first ...

He can always play vanilla - there's plenty of people on!![/quote]
Hes in Canada and im in USA lol
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""PatryK""][quote=""ruminator""][quote=""PatryK""]So he reinstalled, and the first Aoe and 2nd Aoe loaded up without any errors , but when he installed asian dynasties he got the error again[/quote]

He can always play vanilla - there's plenty of people on!![/quote]
Hes in Canada and im in USA lol[/quote]

well then he may have to go exchange his TAD cd for a new 1 at the store he bought it at.