Help Please!!!!

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Help Please!!!!

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Ok so yesterday I wake up and my computer decides to break on me. It keeps freezing after 5-10 mins even if I just leave it alone and don't do anything. It seems to run in safe mode ok and I had it going for 45mins when I first switched it on before it broke. This lead me to think its a cooling issue, but it still freezes when its not doing anything so I'm not sure. For the same reason I don't think its the graphics card, but it could be the CPU? Then again it could be windows, I don't know. I'm on XP btw and the system is 3 years old and about 2 weeks out of warranty of course.

Anyone got any ideas, any suggestions or ways I can find out what the helll is wrong with the damn thing?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Help Please!!!!

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Sounds more like a software issue. Have you tried a system restore? You may have a virus of some kind...
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yup done a system restore and it does bugger all. Software was my initail thought too but virus scan came clean. If i could find the damn disc I would reload windows. God I hate computers.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Sounds like my labtop minus the strange sound it is making, and mine is a vista and my labtop is almost 1 year old, and 3 weeks out of warranty. :mad: Right now my dad has the guy who fixes the computer at where he works looking at it, since Best Buy would charge us $70 just to look at and find out what is wrong without fixing it.

Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Well as I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know I have fixed my problems. Turns out it was windows so I had to reinstall the operating system and everything works ok now. I just got round to reinstalling AOE3 today so maybe I'll see you all on sometime soon.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Thats great news Chris....i miss u dearly, in the most non *** fashion though. Al also misses u, but in a diferent way than I do.

out
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""]Well as I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know I have fixed my problems. Turns out it was windows so I had to reinstall the operating system and everything works ok now. I just got round to reinstalling AOE3 today so maybe I'll see you all on sometime soon.[/quote]

Congrats.. must be a relief.. dang computers can be so complicated..
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yeah I was relieved. I put of the reinstall for ages knowing that at the least I would loose all my settings and at the very worst it could all go horribly wrong and I wouldn't have an OS at all.