Inspired by Cyclo...

Everything tech-related is discussed here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Inspired by Cyclo...

Post by RascalJones »

Oh, I've swapped parts many many many many times. I've never dealt with installing a motherboard and CPU before, though.

Hopefully, all parts will arrive tomorrow. But it might be Wed until the video card arrives.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Touch ur radiator to "decharge" urself before u put ur comp together, that's enough. I am putting comps together since 13 years and never had probs.
650W supply is in my eyes oversized, but u dn't know what u will want in ur comp in future. I will run my new 8800GTS which will hopefully come this week with a 400W power supply (ok, that's minimum ;) )
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Yeah, my buddy/cowoker has been telling me it's not near enough power. The calcuator site that Cyclo had in his spreadsheet said I'd only need about 286w to run everything. I should be fine.

Parts are "Out for Delivery" according to UPS.com - tonight should be fun!

I know that assembling the parts is easy. It's what happens NEXT that I'm a bit foggy on. Also, hooking up the case fans...should I hook them directly up to the power supply?

I think this decal might look good on it.

http://www.coolsignsandgrafix.com/servl ... %2C/Detail
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well such calculators also mislead u because it also depends what power the power supply gives for each cord (don't know how to say it better), so 400 W should be absolute minimum for such configuration that u have.

Fans: Depends. Does the power supply regulate the fans? Do the fans regulate themselves? In the end it is better to connect them to the motherboard, if they shouldn' run on full speed all the time
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

The fans have High/Med/Low settings. Case manual suggests running the 2 front fans on Low. So, I'll probably just leave 'em on Low, and plug 'em into the Power Supply. Besides, those are the "bling" fans. They need to be on all the time anyway.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

WOW the fans seem loud.....perhaps that's because there are seven of them including 2 "exhaust", 2 intake, cpu, graphics card, and power supply.

whew

Installing Vista now.

It's late. Gonna get later.

All is well so far, though.