Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

For DHD

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

PvT on Meta  8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: For DHD

Post by deadhanddan »

wp

it's weird seeing a Terran not mass tanks , even weirder to not make any.... i don't think i saw a single tank from him - just marine-marauder-medivac-viking and mass turret lol

when you cranked out that first immortal , i hoped you'd spam them ;)

i saw a live stream of a guy who massed 8 and they tore everything up all game long. @ the end of the game he had just one remaining - of which it had 52 kills hahaha executor immortal

it was good you scared him into massing turret , attempting to counter your colossi pushed him in wasting all them minerals which i think enabled you to win

EU play seems to be different from NA , which is good - the variety of styles is refreshing
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

immortals are great if he got more marauders than marines(or tanks^^), else they become a bit obsolete, as marines effectively counter them and their hardened shield.

it's not too uncommon to see a terran not massing any tanks, just mmm and ghost/viking depending on what i do. tanks are only really good in a timing push, when you have little battles throughout they get kinda bad, cost/return is very low.

you could see in this game that i was annoyed by the drop play, game was over after 15min tbh. need to split my units better, blink stalkers are great for that - put them on the top of the high-ground of my initial bse, then blink them west to get into my main army if he decides to fight with his entire army.
the days of mass colossi are over, they get obliterated pretty badly by a dozen of vikings or just stimmed mm. i make mostly 3 to 5, after that i don't mass them, need the supply elsewhere. sometimes i hesitate massing them again after they get crushed and get HT/archon instead, or if the time is right, getting acrriers on the field  ;D
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

speaking of carriers , i have read/heard that they will not be in the expansion Heart of the Swarm

they were such a fundamental late game unit for Protos in Brood War - same as Arbiter , but instead of helping them i guess Blizzard felt that it was easier/better to remove them completely from multiplayer ... which sucks royally cause they are never used by the pro players cause void rays are soo much better at whatever a player wants them for - and cost roughly half (?) of a carrier iirc
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

carriers are kinda hard to use until you have a bit of a mass, then they get too strong really. i feel like they are more usable in PvP than in any other matchup