T v T suggestions/comments

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

T v T suggestions/comments

Post by deadhanddan »

this is what i basically do when i am participating in T v T ( i am a random race player )

looking for some feedback as to what i can do to better my build which i do think is flexible enough as is depending on what my opponent may try

a replay of a player i met in ladders , he was only #10 in his silver league but easy enough game

lol @ me suiciding 8 marines....didn't really matter but yeah , i know its something i should strive to avoid - game would have been over faster had i not done that

so yeah , some feedback would be appreciated :)

- Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: T v T suggestions/comments

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

my feedback oon this:
- When the game starts, queue your SCV first, then drag your SCVs to the minerals
- you scout too early. scout after depot, while the depot is building or when you started to build your rax. i know you want to be safe against cheese, but trust me you can be safe even when you scout 15 seconds later
- 10 Depot, i think you did it at 11
- why early 2 rax into 3 rax, especialyl when going 13 gas? i think that the early rax builds are weak and bad, especially after the nerf to the barracks build time, go for tech lab and straight to factory. you either do heavy rushes with early rax builds or don't do them at all. with an early tech lab you can tech to stim or combat shields and have a tech lab for your factory, tanks are vital. get your engineering bay early, upgrades are nice and you are automatically safe vs banshees with the turret.
- why 3 factories of fof 1 base? i'd build one factory, two only when i plan to go Blueflame hellions, one with reactor, other with tech lab for blueflame research.
- you could use at least 1 ctrl group for your army, i see you used 4, one for cc and the others for the different structures.

now, the positive sides  :)
- i liked the worker harassment in the beginning,i also liked the constant scv production, your opponent stopped at 14, you had more than twice as him  :D
your APM is around 55-60, realtime and without modifiers.

if you wanna go bunker rush, build in the middle of  the map lol, preferably 12/12 or 13/13 or 12/14. i don't know if the super early 3 rax works anymore with the rax nerf. 11, 11 12 3x rax and use first 50 energy for Calldown Supply, stop scv's at 12 and push at 4:20 min mark.
this is a nice push i'd suggest you to try out
http://drop.sc/62556
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i massed rax and factories to be safe and to let me change my army composition if need be.

i feared tanks , so be to safe i kept 1 factory on helion production with reactor to counter his marine , left the other two open in case he started tank spamming and i would follow suit

i left a couple rax on reactor to mass marine cause they are just the vital staple of any terran early on - counter marauder and possibly early banshee if need be

i always go starport once i have more then 20 rax units on the field. mainly for medivac , but also for a viking or two in case he goes banshee - or if i need an air unit to act as a spotter for my tanks in siege mode

i always assign cntrl groups to my different buildings to help in queing and keeping up production , been like that since SC1 and AoE3 so i doubt if that i will ever change how i do it

i always scout that early , vital for me to before they block off their ramp and deny me scouting them...especially need to know if they are starting gas early cause thats just vital info

i didn't make an engineering bay yet that game cause i wanted to invest my gas into mech and air more so. if i go all bio all-in then i have a bay up[ usually before i even attach a tech lab to a rax

usually , the engineering bay only goes up early if i suspect fast banshee , a FE forge early void , or muta laming. other than those , i will hold off on a bay until i have at least a second base and can go double engineering bays for quicker ups

edit: thanks for the feedback Aaryn , and also for the tips and link :D
Last edited by deadhanddan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

deadhanddan wrote: i always assign cntrl groups to my different buildings to help in queing and keeping up production , been like that since SC1 and AoE3 so i doubt if that i will ever change how i do it
just buffled you didn't use a ctrl group for units ;)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

cntrl grouping units is just BLEH...pure -n- simple

i will do that though for special units such as infestor , dark templar , templar , banshee , or observer/raven/overseer

everything else i make is all bundled up together in mish-mash form and thrown at the enemy!!!!

i find it that wheni have a clump of units , its that much harder for opponent to micro individual units and usually ignores the more dangerous units until only they are left , which is how i like it :P
- Dan
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

My way of TvT is resign :P

I should actually look into my problems with it once I start playing sc2 again so that I can get diamond :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

instead of building many production buildings for fast reacting, you should keep the production facilities count as low as possible and go for a all around good army mix like tank marine or mech (always at least 2 factories for tanks on 2 base unless you go for pure bio).

Sorry i cant watch the rep now but ill give you some basic TvT tips.

Rushing for cloack banshees with one bunker and like 10 marines and then expanding after you have cloack and the first banshee coming is a really good and basic build to follow. If you like bio go for 2 rax with 1 tech lab and 1 reactor and expand when you have the money. Until mid masters going for tanks instead of bio though is always going to win in an even fight so i would go tanks if i were you. preferably build 1 or 2 bunkers instead of more rax for safety: you can always salvage them and you end up wasting less money.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

true

thats one reason i made 3 factories , 1 exclusive to helion , but also two more for tank and eventually thor if needed

i always make at the least four rax because i like massing bio or a quick groups of reaper to hit n run him when most army is in mid map or somewhere other then his main
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

don't mass reaper, they suck, only useful in early game cheese games or scouting, there's a nice reaper hellion all-in i know^^
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: don't mass reaper, they suck, only useful in early game cheese games or scouting
reaper are just smexy

five of them in his main base while he is occupied fighting me is pure gravy  ;D

the satchel charge attack they do vs. buildings is undeniably good ( especially turrets!! ) , group of 5 can 1 shot just about anything non-mech

an enemy mineral line stands no chance ... they can't even run their SCV/Probe/Drones away fast enough
- Dan
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Reapers are really good and in lower than masters even better cause you can sped all of your excess money on them. But when you get better you will notice that you really never have money to go reapers until like on 4 bases. :/