need help

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

need help

Post by ckei »

recently Ive been slumping alot.Usually I understand why I loose,but this time I have no idea. I feel that my macro was ok(a few supply blocks,but I was able to keep the money low). Is there something I really need to work on in my play(other than the usual macro-micro)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: need help

Post by Comadevil »

First ur block of the ramp wasn't a block. Could have also lost u the game if the zerg would have noticed it.

Ur fights were just plainly bad. There were two deciding fights.

1st fight 12:30: No combat shields for marines(!), u sieged up on creep instead short before creep, ur marines were in front of the tanks instead being behind them. Banes and Zerglings are faster on creep he could see ur army and went after ur marines, u were busy with microing ur marines instead with siege tanks shooting on banes. That was a bad fighting position

2nd fight. Also bad fighting position. U didn't siege up, so he went as Zerg should dowhen tanks are not sieged up. He could see u because of creep and Muta. He had also resource wise the much better army

Two bad fights lost u the game
Last edited by Comadevil on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I actually think there are some strategic things in terms of your BO

1. I feel like you expand pretty slowly without putting any pressure on (bunker rush ofc but that doesnt really force lings).
2. I feel like you had too few marines, maybe this has sth to do with the late expansion though, I dont know. You can maybe spend more gas on upgrades instead of tanks and focus more on marines with your minerals.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

Another thing I would like to ask is,if I need to get more aggressive? Im more of a passive player, so to me aggression doesnt come naturally.

Most of the time I cant help,but to think Im too slow for terran
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

then you should expand more I suppose.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ckei wrote: Another thing I would like to ask is,if I need to get more aggressive? Im more of a passive player, so to me aggression doesnt come naturally.

if you can't be aggressive vs zerg, just resign. there is no way to win agaisnt them without a nice timing push or a non-all-in rush to force units instead of drones.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

ckei wrote: Another thing I would like to ask is,if I need to get more aggressive? Im more of a passive player, so to me aggression doesnt come naturally.

you have 4 ways of winning against zerg: 
1. expand rapidly; take fast 3 bases
2. constantly harass or keep up any kind of agression
3. strong timing
4. cheese

The easiest way is to go for a timing like 2-3 siege tanks, marines and 1-2 medivacs on 2 bases just as your combat shields, stim and siege finishes.

EDIT: Engagements in TvZ are the most deciding factor because small miss micro can give a huge advantage to either race so pay attention to that.
Last edited by HeJurmhoanni on Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Also what i forgot to mention and comes to my mind. U don't need to grab all ur marines to scan and clean creep a small number 3-4 is sufficient. Else it can happen that all ur marines get wiped out by banes