Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Team Terran Tactic

Post by Andre_1993 »

Hello guys,

me and my mate TheTruth ( you may remember him from ESO known as Conquistador90) are playing lot of 2vs2´s at the moment. We are high diamond and already got matched up with high master.

We both choose Terran as our race in 2vs2 and we have a nice strategy against enemy´s with at least one zerg. The other race doenst matter.
In our opinion it´s a very strong timing push, good against lot of 2vs2 tactics. If it is 4gate/ling.. we easily beat that.

We push between 6:40 and 7 minutes with 7-9 Marauders + concussive shells and about 7-10 Hellion.
Even if the push isnt killing at the first attack we have lot of units in production to rebuild army faster than our enemys.

I start up with 2rax marauders, building a 3rd after i got 4-5 marauders (when i have the money) The 3rd rax finishes with our push and TheTruth goes for 2Factory mass hellion.

In the following ill attach 7 Replays.
Replay 1-3 and 7 are really nice games with comeback´s etc but not that long
Replays 4 and 6 (?) Just shows how strong this strategy can be.. well even the first one´s show that.

If you are downloading and viewing some of them, just turn on the "lost-statistics" after our push and you´ll see in most games our enemy´s lost at least double of resources.

I´d like to get some feedback on this! ;)

Thanks mates & out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Team Terran Tactic

Post by Andre_1993 »

As i´m just allowed to post 4 Replay´s one post here comes part 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

are you sure this is viable against fast rushes? me and froggys ling/zealot high ground warpin hit at 4:40 o so. 6-7 min is very late and double terran is kind of autoloss, can't throw anything at your opponent until a long time^^ with the depot nerf
but i'm curious what you guys did and how it plays outand prove me wrong :P
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

You might be right.. but actually we of course have units before 7 minutes.. never played against a overlord/warp in with this strategy.. but if you warp in in my base i mght can defend with concussive marauders. Dont know... but yeah there could be a weakness in this strategy!
This build defenetly works good up to now.. even if we are high dia we get matched with master /high master.. hope we´ll get into masters soon! ;)