PvZ How to defend?

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

PvZ How to defend?

Post by huGGy »

When you scout a Zerg will push you really early and really hard with Zerglings, do you get a forge then pretty fast and defend with one or two cannons? Lost twice vs it today, so that might be one thing i need to work on. Maybe you guys have a replay where you defend that. Cheers!
rambo098
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: PvZ How to defend?

Post by rambo098 »

static defences shall always be your last option early game! if he is going all in with zerglings, just wall of and get zelot + centrys and use forcefields.
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

Can you provide some more details? Does he add 3 roaches (that makes for an insane 3 roach speedling push before warp gate tech is researched)? Does he go for a 10 pool? 6 pool?

The safest response, of course, is a forge and 1-2 cannons. Do this if u vs a 6 pool.

However, if you trust your micro and reactive skills, you could try for chronoing out gateway units and using sentries.

If all comes to worst, do a full wall off. You can always kill the pylon later to move out.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

I think it was a 8 pool (just spammed Zerglings). I'll upload the replay if i can find it.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Do you scout after pylon or after gate?
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

Hey huggy sorry to hijack your thread like this but I figure my question its sort of on the same vein....

What are the signs of an all in roach rush or early roach pressure? I seem to never be able to predict these coming specially when just a couple of zerglings and queen can kill my scouting probe before roach building goes up. How do I know that the zerg is mining gas for roaches and not speedlings? help with this will save me A LOT of games cheeeers
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

7 roach rush is an 1 base all-inish kind of play, so just look if he got an expo, if not then chances are high he'll be doing it.
also try to see when he takes his gas, if you know when it finished, at 3min and 5 sec ingame time and yu know he got speedling finished.
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

If you check that he is getting an expo, make sure he finishes it. Otherwise Zerg can cancel the expo and do an all-in anyway.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

if he gets gas before pool its for speedlings and gas after might be either one. check the expo like other said
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yeah, but sometimes i scout the wrong direction and see it too late. So i should open with 3 gate expand all the way? Because 15 probes Nexus seems to work well, if you don't get 6 pooled. Well, this cheesy losses keeps me away from rising the ladder, so that sucks. The longer the game, the more games i win. I think that is not the worsest sign, since macro games make you the better player imo.

Edit: We should train again Hejurm :D
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

u can see how much gas he has collected if u click the extractor. we'll play soon for sure :)
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

Oooh I didnt know about clicking the extractor cheers