Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

various 6 pool wins and losses

Post by rufio_eht »

^_^

Funny thing is how win % vs each race changes as you go up levels. Bronze thru Gold levels terran and toss are easy, zvz can be harder because they tend to do earlier pools. seems like most plat and diamond players 14 pool regularly and often dont scout until after 2 min. Terran is really hard to beat with 6 pool now because they always wall and usually scout and usually see you at the rocks. Toss is still a high win % but it is a lot more common to be scouted and they put up photons. Whether or not their photons finish by the time i can get to them usually depends how early they scout.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: various 6 pool wins and losses

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

If the defender has a decent micro ZvZ 6 pool is only good if the other zerg goes fast expansion. Even 15 pool beats a 6 pool (maybe even later pool cause he has enough drones to hold the push but i doubt anyone will go that late pool).
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

here is a good example of an easily winnable game if i had remember to keep the stream of lings coming after my overlord, i forgot to keep em coming because i was successfully picking off his drones, but in the end this cost me the game because he was able to get spine crawlers up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""HeJurmhoanni""]If the defender has a decent micro ZvZ 6 pool is only good if the other zerg goes fast expansion. Even 15 pool beats a 6 pool (maybe even later pool cause he has enough drones to hold the push but i doubt anyone will go that late pool).[/quote]

Let me first say if there is any way to track what kind of win % you have vs particular race if someone could tell me it would be very helpful. Going purely on my memory short and long term I've done quite well zvz with 6 pooling so long as you forgo making any drones at all so you can pop out ling 7 thru 10 right as the larvae spawn. Guessing I'd say I do at least 50% vs 14 pool but probably more like 60%. So on that point I have to respectfully disagree, but keeping in mind this is based purely on my own memory which has been known to carry imperfections from time to time. :P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I don't personally care for 6 pooling, basically ever. Maybe vs. toss on steppes but they often go -> pylon, then scout @ 9. And if they do your toast. And in Z v Z I can defend a 6 pool with any build really. Even 14 hatch. You just need good drone micro.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""36drew""]I don't personally care for 6 pooling, basically ever. Maybe vs. toss on steppes but they often go -> pylon, then scout @ 9. And if they do your toast. And in Z v Z I can defend a 6 pool with any build really. Even 14 hatch. You just need good drone micro.[/quote]

rufio's done pretty well with it....ridden it all the way to diamond. i was dubious as well, but i asked him to post these replays just because im curious how it actually continues to work for him
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

The 6 pool in team games is always a problem. In the 4v4´s, we neglecterino´s feedupon, if our enemy has 2 Z players and if they both 6 pool its pretty much GG every single time! There is always 1 ally playa who **** up his block.

out

PS good job on ur rank rise Rufio. Congrats 2 ya
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

Some guy at Dreamhack (I think his name is ActionJesus ironically) 6 pooled his way through beating pros like Lucifron.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Yes it was ActionJesus

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^^ LOL!
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

rofl :lol:
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

LOL that one is awesome men !!
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I found also this to that topic here LOL

[youtube][/youtube]