Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Nice PvP on blistering sands

Post by Andre_1993 »

Hey guys, this is a replay of me playing against a 2k point diamond protoss
Close game up to the 20 minute mark where his base was mined out and i had my expansion. It's stargate vs robo.. i want you pro´s to watch it and tell me what i can do better even if i won there surely are mistakes in my play :D

redox
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Andre_1993 on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Nice PvP on blistering sands

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

- probe first then send guys to mine. a good trick to do is to put your mouse at the center of the screen befor the game starts and hold down the probe hotkey so when the game starts u have your mouse on top of ur nexus and the hotkey pressed down so then just click the nexus and u hae a probe coming. then move your workers to mine.
- i think u noticed it but dont queue the tenth probe before u build the pylon. generally queuing is bad but in late game its ok to queue two or three units to keep constant stream of unitscoming.
- u can build one zealot after you have started your core and still have the same robo timing. You will be much safer if u build the zealot earlier.
- build pylons all the time. imo its better to just build them every time you have enough money to do so than to look at the supply all the time to check when u need pylons.
- you micro and use your ff really well in the first battle but when you move to his base you shouldnt go that deep especially if you are already expanding and just hit n run with your whole army against that many zealots and if u have ff use them to block the zealots so then u dont have to hit n run. zealots deal damage very fast so dont let them get to your units.^_^
- when you get an army advantage like u did by crushing his push you should expand immediatly befor he masses up again. also push out a bit to make him stay in his base but dont over commit like in that game :)