Z v Z as it should be

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Z v Z as it should be

Post by 36drew »

No sillyness of banelings since this map allows for a bigtime macro game. I'm a tad behind most of the game but patience pays off.

Ling/hydra/infestor vs. ling/muta/late ultra.

This is how zvz should be played!
1350 diamond!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bart331
Major
Major

Re: Z v Z as it should be

Post by Bart331 »

does noone say gg after a game?

Also no gl hf or anything

on-topic, wp u own that muta lamer !
Moose_
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Moose_ »

I don't think I have played ZvZ on this map yet, but it looks like it makes for an interesting game. Expanding early on is usually the most risky thing you can do in ZvZ but on this map you can expo and hold your ramp and they can't hit either base. If they go 1 base all in still and try and break the rocks then you can hold your other ramp and put spines at the natural easily.

Both of your openings looks quite fragile though; FE and only a few lings with no ramp block. It looks like you both would've died to baneling or roach openings. How did you know that he wasn't going to just go all in and kill you?

I definitely think hydra/infestor is the strongest mid game unit mix in ZvZ, although it requires good infestor use or you will die to roaches or banelings. Ultras can also be a problem since you can't fungal them, but by then you have lots of hydras and they kill everything so insanely fast you can still deal with them, like you showed in this replay.

Also what was 'lol bug' all about? I didn't see a bug.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Yeah early bane/roach play coulda beat both of you :)

What is saw Sen do against IdrA yesterday was 15 hatch 14 pool and two queens at ramp asap. Then he made 3 spine crawlers to defend his natural and 4 spine crawlers to defend his main (Blistering Sands was the map). Then he droned for a while, extended creep and built roach warren. When the roach warren was ready he immediatly got over 10 roaches AND up rooted the spine crawlers and pushed. He had 6 spine crawlers with the push and they ran across the map pretty fast because if the creep spread of BOTH players. When IdrA saw those 6 spine crawlers and about 12 roaches coming he immediatly quit. :D