Z v P @ Blistering Sands Diamond Leauge

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Z v P @ Blistering Sands Diamond Leauge

Post by 36drew »

This is a pretty good game.  The toss players goes for 2 gates at his natural but is rather passive at first.  I expand and expect him to take his natural, so I know I don't have to worry about static defenses. 

The bloody high templars show up before all is said and done, and at one point i'm pushed all the way back to my ramp at my main.

GG!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 36drew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Re: Z v P @ Blistering Sands Diamond Leauge

Post by deaconferal »

This was really well played on your part. I especially liked how active you were with spreading creep, which is something even a lot of pros neglect to do often enough. One thing I was wondering was why you didn't get roaches sooner in the game. You eventually teched to brood lords which obviously did well, but since you already had upgraded your hydralisks and had several expos up by then to support a spam, roaches would have seemed to be a very strong choice at the time, both against the Zealots and for soaking up the damage from those templars. Still, was pretty well played on both sides I'd say. The templars were a nice surprise, I've never seen them used so effectively in my short time on this game.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

ONe question i still have: Why didn't u use burrow for a short time to recover some hp for ur by the storms wounded units?
Ok, u haven't researched it, but do u use it at all?
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

[quote=""Comadevil""]ONe question i still have: Why didn't u use burrow for a short time to recover some hp for ur by the storms wounded units?
Ok, u haven't researched it, but do u use it at all?[/quote]

From what I've seen, Burrow isn't really incorporated into most peoples builds. When it is used it is usually some kind of focus point for the player's strategy. It is a big investment early on since gas is needed for zergling speed and teching to a lair. That's my understanding anyways.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Burrow is very specific, and only roaches heal faster when burrowed. Plus if an enemey rolls is with detection and your burrowed, you are basically screwed over hard. It's fragile and specific i.e. infestors, etc.