? roach

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

? roach

Post by deadhanddan »

as topic title states ... i  ? raoches! and for that reason i am now trying to learn how to lame them properly in team games. a 2v2 here where ofc i go straight roach warren. looking for any comments on how i may correct my nub zerg play , specifically roach spamming and how to properly abuse the burrow speed of em

lol @ the terran surrendering as soon as 20 roach pop up in his mineral field :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by deadhanddan on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: ? roach

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

nice tactics dhd. Well you coulda easily had well over 50 roaches by that time ( u had over 6000 minerals at the end :) ). Just remember to spawn larva and expand and make OLs as zerg.
Heres a tip for u: since roaches regenerate health very fast when burrowed try to burrow the ones that are low on health while battling. By doing this you can kill his whole army without any losses, but be aware of detectors!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

in general i would avoid getting roaches until mid-game...early on they aren't worth the population, you just can't get enough of them. i find speed lings + banes is always a superior combination in tier 1 and tier 1.5, even in team games.

it's possible i might change my tune after playing more team games, but that's been my experience so far.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

roaches need a small buff, overnerfed unit^^
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]roaches need a small buff, overnerfed unit^^[/quote]

that's an understatement
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey