Scouts killing building SCV

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Bart331
Major
Major

Scouts killing building SCV

Post by Bart331 »

Scouts killing my building SCV, it pisses me off quite badly that whenever i try to make my barracks some scout comes by and kills my scv, i cant retreat that scv and a 2nd scv coming from mineral line is always too late, i loose 1 scv and my rax isnt up quickly enough so i can't do that tech from my command center. HOW DO I STOP THIS???

Should i put one scv preventive from mineral line on the scout whenever he enters base?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Scouts killing building SCV

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

haha yes they do that alot. no just retreat the weak one and get 2 other ones. when you see a probe in your base you will follow him anyway in caes he does proxy
his recharging shields from the toss can be a pain, drones are no problem when they do this
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

My drone always arrives in time to catch a rax going up. I always immediately try to kill him.

Usually it doesn't work, but on a rare occasion it does. It really gets people at lower levels though. At the very least is pisses someone off and makes them divert there attention to taking care of your harassing worker when they need to be managing there eco and early build order.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

yeah i really need to get used to micro my own scout , keeping my build in order and watch out that building scv doestn die, multitasking isnt my strongest point i noticed xD. Maybe i should group 1 scv from mineral line early so he can inmedeiately jump on it if someone tries to kill my building scv. Cause i have grouped my scouting scv on 2, my building scv on 1 and my command center on 4 so i have 1 group spare for this (3). And then i could later overwrite those groups for army.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

[quote=""Bart331""]yeah i really need to get used to micro my own scout , keeping my build in order and watch out that building scv doestn die, multitasking isnt my strongest point i noticed xD. Maybe i should group 1 scv from mineral line early so he can inmedeiately jump on it if someone tries to kill my building scv. Cause i have grouped my scouting scv on 2, my building scv on 1 and my command center on 4 so i have 1 group spare for this (3). And then i could later overwrite those groups for army.[/quote]
Thats a very good idea. U'd just hit 1 and halt the building SVC and attack the scout with it and then hit 3 to pull one additional SCV from mineral line to help chasing that scout away.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

haha yes they do that alot. no just retreat the weak one and get 2 other ones. when you see a probe in your base you will follow him anyway in caes he does proxy
his recharging shields from the toss can be a pain, drones are no problem when they do this
yeah i found this out the hard way, zuta making pylons in my base and rushing me with 2 gateway's :(