VOD: Z v P at Lost Temple

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

VOD: Z v P at Lost Temple

Post by 36drew »

Description:
Early on in the game, scouting reveals that my opponent is trying to block his natural with a pylon, gateway, and so forth.  He pushes against my roach/hydra army with a gateway units + 1 colossus.  I hold this attack reasonably well as we fight on the ramp to my main.

I seem to have an advantage which I through away when I decide to counter.  Two collossi standing on cliffs combined with zealots, cannon fire, and more prove too much.  He then counters he and I can't do much.  A few infestors would have made this a different game.

Part One
! Video not found

Part Two
! Video not found

My Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/DrewN3O

Subscribe if you haven't yet! Help me reach 100! Great Canadian commentary included!
Last edited by 36drew on Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: VOD: Z v P at Lost Temple

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

now you cranking out those footages you made while the beta was still alive? :-P
will watch and comment later
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Yeah. I think I have maybe 2 more games saved, and 1 against an Insane AI.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hm you said that expanding fast would seem appropriate against a protoss playing like this but the strength of protoss mid game came into my mind then. i really would not know what could be tougher: zerg having 1-2 more expansions than protoss with protoss not being one base or protoss' midgame capabilites?
like you already said in the vod an infestor would have helped a ton vs the colossus. the last bit was extreme, looked liek you really got him but then his cannons and the colossus on the cliff+ the phoenixes with graviatation beam tore you apart xD
did you research hydralisk range upgrade in the hydralisk den?
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

My thoughts:
First it's spine crawler not sunken crawler :D
Secondly, when you see a heavy zealot/collosus mix, it screams Mutas to me. Mutas > pheonixes, especially since you have better production facilities. As well mixing in a few lings will give you the oppurtunity to get some map control and give potential for a counter attack.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Yeah, he really didn't have any anti-air, which I can't believe I didn't notice until now.