Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Replay: PvP @ Metalopolis

Post by etrips888 »

Silver League! 8)
I still have probably less than 10 games on the beta so I'm still trying to keep track of all the different units, but I'm finally starting to get into it. That being said, I really liked this game.

I start zealots, and see he seems to being going gateway heavy as well. I don't know many BOs, so I kinda make up my own and decide to ignore stalkers and instead try to upgrade my zealots with 1/1 upgrades ASAP. Along with this I start adding in sentries for forcefield to try to trap zealots, but mostly gravitational field to protect from any stalker mass he might try to get.

Lots of mistakes, like not gathering my gas right away, and lots of minerals unused, but I feel I just need to play more and get those worked out. Would like any tips people have. I'm trying to pick out a few things to work on at a time to start getting a bit better (right now its keeping my resources low) but if anyone has anything they think I should look at improving also, I would love to hear it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PvP on Metalopolis

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

- roflmao your opponent didn't task vills till the 16th second :-P
- you were kinda slow at putting your probes into the assimilator when finished
- you didn't scout at all early game. a dualgate zealot push would have been instaloss for you (which he did but he failed at executing)
- i would have find it fun if you would have teched straight to colossi after both of you had their 3-4 warpgates going. robotics facility->robotics bay->colossus