Replay: Z v P @ Kulas Ravine

Strategy and Replay Discussion, please state the matchup in the thread title

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Replay: Z v P @ Kulas Ravine

Post by 36drew »

Diamond vs Diamond

Lings in the backdoor with 2 groups running around for a bit.  Some hydra to back up an early expansion as well. 

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 36drew on Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Z v P @ Kulas Ravine

Post by etrips888 »

nice thanks for the rec!

edit:
Just watched. Man your APM is insane! I don't know if I would ever be able to do 200+ consistently. I know its the norm for a lot of sc players to have high APM, but just seeing the number go up is quite impressive :-P

Liked the back door raiding you had on him. Those zerglings were just flying all over the map! Don't know a lot about the game, so I feel I miss a lot of the details of the match, but I think you played it really smart. Not trying to pressure his front once you saw those zealots, but instead just took down the rocks and raided those probes as you expanded nicely and waited for him to come to you!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

We need to play, Drew. Perhaps you can help me improve. You never seem to be online when I log on, though.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Yeah. We definitely do need to play! I'm still the same name since the reset. ThreeSixDrew

Whats your nick again?
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""etrips888""]nice thanks for the rec!

edit:
Just watched. Man your APM is insane! I don't know if I would ever be able to do 200+ consistently. I know its the norm for a lot of sc players to have high APM, but just seeing the number go up is quite impressive :-P

Liked the back door raiding you had on him. Those zerglings were just flying all over the map! Don't know a lot about the game, so I feel I miss a lot of the details of the match, but I think you played it really smart. Not trying to pressure his front once you saw those zealots, but instead just took down the rocks and raided those probes as you expanded nicely and waited for him to come to you![/quote]

The thing about APM is this:

-don't try to get your APM higher, just learn to play the game better and your APM will go up -- in the first minute of the game the APM is just spam but as the game goes on it helps keep you moving fast, no question about it.
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

I think to be competitive at our level you really need no more than maybe 80-90 APM. I mean as the game goes on you definitely need to be increasing your APM, but for example TLO only has 130's ish APM iirc.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

130 apm plus he is as smart as hell when it comes to knowing counters and making decisions.
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

Oh yeah definitely one of the smartest players out there for sure. That was to show that smart play > fast play
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Yeah. Generally. Though it isn't anywhere near as bad as AOE:TAD. In age you basically just need to know what to do, you don't need to be all that fast. In SC2 you need to be fast, albeit not as fast as SC1.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

sc2 is dumb when it comes to the fight, the fights are over so fast that unit positioning>micro
drew i'll watch it now an then comment right after

edit: well played drew! i liked your fast expand, though i didn't get why you went lair so early, you got your hydras quite latea nd they weren't as fundamental as your zerglings. during midgame he had 2 observers in your base, pity the spine crawler cannot detect stealthed and cloacked units like the spore crawler :-P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]sc2 is dumb when it comes to the fight, the fights are over so fast that unit positioning>micro

edit: well played drew! i liked your fast expand, though i didn't get why you went lair so early, you got your hydras quite latea nd they weren't as fundamental as your zerglings. during midgame he had 2 observers in your base, pity the spine crawler cannot detect stealthed and cloacked units like the spore crawler :-P[/quote]

The reason I went lair early and got hydra late is because I just don't know what to do yet. Haha. Still unsure of how to respond to many situations.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]sc2 is dumb when it comes to the fight, the fights are over so fast that unit positioning>micro

edit: well played drew! i liked your fast expand, though i didn't get why you went lair so early, you got your hydras quite latea nd they weren't as fundamental as your zerglings. during midgame he had 2 observers in your base, pity the spine crawler cannot detect stealthed and cloacked units like the spore crawler :-P[/quote]

The reason I went lair early and got hydra late is because I just don't know what to do yet. Haha. Still unsure of how to respond to many situations.[/quote]

I'm in the same situation :neutral:
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""36drew""]Yeah. We definitely do need to play! I'm still the same name since the reset. ThreeSixDrew

Whats your nick again?[/quote]

TunaFish. I already added you through Facebook.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey