best players right now

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: best players right now

Post by jerom »

I find it hard to follow the kespa scene, mainly because I like the GSL better so I always watch gsl over proleague.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

jerom wrote: I find it hard to follow the kespa scene, mainly because I like the GSL better so I always watch gsl over proleague.
this puzzles me, how are you watching the GSL? Are you constantly searching for chinese mirror sites? or do you get the gsl ticket.
I love proleague because the stream is free, i watch it sometimes when i am up early, i watched EG-TL against CJ recently, and boy did they get wrecked^^
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

GOM streams also on Twitch and restreams now in the evening
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Aaryn_GenD wrote:
jerom wrote: I find it hard to follow the kespa scene, mainly because I like the GSL better so I always watch gsl over proleague.
this puzzles me, how are you watching the GSL? Are you constantly searching for chinese mirror sites? or do you get the gsl ticket.
I love proleague because the stream is free, i watch it sometimes when i am up early, i watched EG-TL against CJ recently, and boy did they get wrecked^^
The stream is live and free ? Idc a lot about quality so thats how I do it..

I can't catch the late night rebroadcast though, thats too late for lil jerom T.T
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
st4ffeh
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by st4ffeh »

I've always payed for GSL, it's overall beneficial for E-Sports and I dont mind paying for something that I truly take pleasure from (except from sex -.-).
I've watched gomtv since the days of BW and on my daily schedule I always have GSL time.. :) Coming home, relaxing and putting on some ro8 GSL, thats great!

Although with the new expansion coming out, we will see a big boom in "unknown" players showing some great games. So for atleast the upcoming 1-2-3 seasons of HotS there will be a very vague line of "who's the best" of each race.
But its going to be fun watching the top players being tested against these "new rookies".
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

thanks jerom and coma, i foudn out new things about proleague and the gsl.
They upload all the proleague games of youtube, so it doesn't matter they wanna charge you for the twitch VODs.
I think GOM is too restrictive, you can't find their content anywhere officially (except the first match of a series)
I also love seeing EG-TL get smacked in proleague. 11 game losing streak!

edit: lol someone said it beauitfully
EG-TL: Every Game They Lose
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: I think GOM is too restrictive, you can't find their content anywhere officially (except the first match of a series)
KESPA and GOM have totally different business models. KESPA (and teams) is backed by big korean companies and in certain aspect by the state and has their main audience in Korea. The price for the league stream  (5$ for 7 months) + the abysmal casters emphasize that.
GSL is much more focused on the foreign community and i am sure dependent on the revenue they get from there. The GSL finals were for a reason the last few times in the US. And GOM releases VODs to everyone after one year or so. ANd before u are able to watch the first match of a set for free
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I'm very interested in the proleague youtube link.

I like GSL, I like individual play over team leagues tbh. BO5's are the most epic things to watch apart from BO7 imo. I especially liked the MMA vs DRG series and the Mvp vs Squirtle one... Thing is that following it is pretty hard. STill GSL > Proleague imo.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... entpage=20

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 39hqzmsTUF

The second link is the official youtube link, all games under one playlkist, available any time^^
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

thanks