Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Season 3 ends...

Post by Comadevil »

Bluepost

Season 3 is coming to an end soon, and Season 4 is on the horizon. At the end of each ladder season, leagues are “locked” which means players can no longer be promoted or demoted out of their current league or division, and bonus pools will stop growing. That’s no reason to quit playing: even after leagues are locked, players will still be able to play out their remaining bonus pool and compete for standing within their divisions until the end of the season two weeks later. The match-making skill ratings which determine league promotion and demotion will also continue to update during the lock, so games played during the lock still count toward league placement in Season 4.

The Season 3 lock will go into effect the week of October 10th. Season 3 will officially end, and Season 4 will begin on the week of October 24th. Season milestone rewards will be locked in at this time, and bonus pools will start over. Hidden skill ratings used for matchmaking and league placement will carry over from the previous season, so players who have completed placement matches in a previous season will only need to play one new placement match after Season 4 starts.

Beginning with Season 4, there are two changes coming to future ladder seasons:

• Each season will now last for approximately two months
• Grandmaster league placement time will be reduced to one week (from two weeks) to account for the reduced season length.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Season 3 ends...

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

damn i've got to hurry up and spend my 400 bonus pool :O
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this will just lead to fewer people caring about the ladder
only because people are the most active during the beginning of a ladder doesn't mean you can repeat the processs and gain more people in a 2-month-turnus everytime
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

So the ladders are locked right now ?

I hope that they'll give us 1v1 players a good 1v1 ladder pool (with GSL maps and such) instead of this cr4ppy one (I really would love to veto down like almost all of them). This is really the only thing that
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

jerom wrote: So the ladders are locked right now ?
no, on the 10th of October.
i'd like to see Searing Crater, Typhon Peaks and Tal'Darim Altar gone.
i'm strictly against GSL maps, they really don't help the game at all. there need to be template or lets say basic guidelines a map has to follow, some structure.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I like Dual Sight, belshir beach (spelling on that), TErminusRE, Iccup testbug etc. All awesome maps imo. At the very least they should exclude the close spawns though because those are just imbalanced.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

they will never abolish close spawns, because there are many people who want to play 5-15 min games. their collected data is evidence for that
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

jerom wrote: I like Dual Sight, belshir beach (spelling on that), TErminusRE, Iccup testbug etc. All awesome maps imo. At the very least they should exclude the close spawns though because those are just imbalanced.
Love testbug  8)
Such an interesting map
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

maybe, but it's not used in the blizzard mappoool ,so idc about it^^
i hate it when i have to download all of these maps just to watch a replay, especially if there are different verisons of it -.-
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well, I think there are many great maps that aren't being used while there are so many bad maps. They wanted to have 3 big, 3 medium and 3 small maps, but atm I only see small and medium maps :(
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

WooT? Just small and medium maps? You kidding? How large should maps be in your opinion? xD
I´d love to see testbug and TerminusRe coming into the mappool but belshir beach... really i hate this map xD
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

well taldarim is big but other maps are pretty small imo. Actually I just dont care, it has to look pretty :D