MLG

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

MLG

Post by Andre_1993 »

MLG just started again yesterday! Let´s see who will win.

See what the pro´s predict: Kingston HyperX at MLG Raleigh 2011: Pro Predictions

xD
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: MLG

Post by jerom »

this is my favourite tournement, with my two favourite casters (day9 + husky).
Exciting
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

DRG, Bomber or PuMa will win for sure i'd say.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The foriegners somehow seem to be getting worse... if that even makes sense.
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

Yeah the koreans dominating again. CoCa Bomber and Puma 5-0 in there groups and DRG 4-1 in the first places.
But SeleCt seems to be really strong may he can beat some of them. Even Kiwikaki played strong in his pool 4-1 over Nada Sheth Ret and moonan.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

its just like how the black people always win the long distance running contests. Its their genes that gives them a natural advantage over us.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

TriMaster made an awesome run. Even that first game against HuK was amazing.
Can't complain that HuK is moving on though...  8)
Andre_1993
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andre_1993 »

jerom wrote: its just like how the black people always win the long distance running contests. Its their genes that gives them a natural advantage over us.
dont think it´s their genes in videogaming.. more the fact that a lot of ppl in korea playing starcraft and they are training soo much and they begin in their early ages with it ;)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

only a few foreigners are capable of playing wel lagainst the koreans. Naniwa, HuK, Sheth, Idra and some others sometimes
NaDas TvP is amazing, owned Naniwa and HuK a couple of times recently.
CoCa and Bombe look extremely strong this MLG and TriMaster was the biggest surprise, even defeating IdrA in TvZ :-[

Incontrol, TLO and Haypro ane too bad, they're like what? 3-15 in their latest MLGs. i wonder why they don't have to fight through the Open Bracket.
i think it's too easy to fall out of Code S and too easy to stay in MLG.

and as we can see, the top places 1-6 are koreans again.
imo after sc2 is setup by OGN or MBC in korea, foreigners can say goodbye. no korean will join a foreigner team then, (they just do now because there are no contracts for sc2 in korea and people didn't appreciate the game that well)

but i think that would be the best for both worlds. there would be less kroeans in foreigner tournaments when their own country hosts sufficient tourneys. and the foreigners can start wining again

best 6 koreans, best 6 foreigners for me in no order:

Foreigner
Terran - ThorZaIN Kas SeleCT Happy Sjow MajOr
Zerg - Sen Nerchio Ret IdrA Sheth Stephano
Protoss - HuK NaNiwa White-Ra MaNa xiaOt KiWiKaKi

Korean
Terran - MVP MMA PuMa Bomber Polt GanZi (NaDa, Boxer, MarineKing Taeja and Jjakji are close to each other)
Zerg - DongRaeGu NesTea LosirA July Curious Min
Protoss - Puzzle Alicia MC Sage Smart Tassadar

in my current state i can do nothing but sit and lay so this MLG is really convenient to me 8)
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Andre_1993 wrote:
jerom wrote: its just like how the black people always win the long distance running contests. Its their genes that gives them a natural advantage over us.
dont think it´s their genes in videogaming.. more the fact that a lot of ppl in korea playing starcraft and they are training soo much and they begin in their early ages with it ;)
I think a part of it is genes. Somehow asians always are good at table tennis aswell, and I feel like the certain skill that makes them good at table tennis helps them out at sc2 aswell.

Obviously biggest part of them being so good at sc2 is because everyone plays it.