Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Season 3 Ladder Pool Update

Post by Comadevil »

See

Blizzard Blog Entry

Discussion on TL

Many new maps for all matchups. Looks kind of interesting
Last edited by Comadevil on Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Season 3 Ladder Pool Update

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
season 3 already??? is this a joke?
i thought seaon 3 would take until august till it will rolll out.

anyway this is great, i think it's time to switch to P again for me^^
after a ton of further terran games of course

i liked this quote:
Blizzard should just put rocks everywhere for all the maps. Your natural will have rocks in it, your RAMP will have ****ing rocks, your GAS will be covered in rocks, every single expansion will have rocks in it, if you want to access watch towers you need to kill rocks, and every single path in the map will be stopped by rocks.

Zerg, Terran, and Protoss' worst enemies aren't each other, they are rocks. Who would have thought that intergalactic war in the future with all of it's technologies will still be troubled by rocks.
Was rather excited at the Lava map for a moment. Natural seemed decently defensible and close third. Then I realized the spawns were close enough you could play catch with a baseball from all the spawn locations.
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Well they are just showing so far what they made. THat doesn't mean S3 will start instantly
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

didnt season 2 start a couple of weeks ago and didnt season 1 last an entire year? If there are huge discrepancies with regards 2 the length of individual seasons then, imo, they end up being useless.

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

The discrepancy is due to the fact that they didn't had the mechanisms to end a season before March. They had to implement it via patch. And before they were busy to fix more serious issues it seems.
A season should last ideally three months

Bashioks answer (Blizzard Community Manager) to the question how long a season should last
Ideally about three months with a two week lock before the reset. Three months allows for better division placement by the end, and a bonus pool that isn't so huge that unless you're constantly playing never have any hopes to churn through.

Season 1 ended up being about nine months, and in the hopes of simply not prolonging it any further, the lock is only one week.

There are variables that could dictate when new Seasons happen, but in general we're looking at new Seasons beginning approximately every three months.

Season 3 FAQ

So u have to see Season 1 as an exception and Season 2 as normal.

And new seasons mean new maps.  \m/
Last edited by Comadevil on Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.