SC2 Streams

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

SC2 Streams

Post by LaZy »

Hey guys,

Im spending an ever increasing amount of time watching SC2 streams. I find them very entertaining and also very useful. Unfortunately the great majority are 1v1´s though and thus different in nature from what I play online.

Teamliquid is out of this world with regards 2 the amount of different "channels" that involve SC2 streams. There is always some cup or tourny going on. When ever Im bored I watch a stream. Sometimes I log onto battlenet and teamliquid at the same time and end up not playing bcos some cool tourny has started and suddenly 2 hours have gone past and the kids are back at home.

Ive found that watching streams has become very similar 2 watching football. I actually end up rooting for certain players. Ive also begun 2 b quite "picky" with regards 2 the casters also. Certain more famous cups, have several streams, and Ive started 2 prefer watching certain casters over others. Its kinda like watching football on ur favourite channel :P

How many of u guys watch SC2 streams? When u do watch them do u end up following a specific player or the whole tournament itself? Who are ur favourite casters? Who are ur favourite players.

out
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: SC2 Streams

Post by huGGy »

I watched the TSL3 Torunament so far and are wachting some Streams of users as well. I'm also very picky when it comes down to select what i watch and what not.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I watch a lot of huskyStarcraft/HDstarcraft/Day9 and other casters on utube, but in terms of streams I've some troubles knowing when there are tournements going on and stuff, though I must say I feel the same about it as you do.

I usually prefer watching Terran games, but also usually just watch almost all games (maybe except for PvP/ZvZ games), so I basically follow the whole tournement. My favourite caster is Day 9 by far, favourite players are T players, and when it is PvZ I root for Z :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

First Person Streams:
T: Trump, Drewbie,qxc
P: Grubby
Z: Catz, Darkforce

Caster:
Tastosis
TotalBiscuit
Take
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Right now Im enjoying MrPink (casts in German) and Special Endrey (german that casts in English). Realcoon is very cool and needless 2 say that artosis, day9, Djwheat and Chill are all very cool also. Theres this noob called MCDuffs, from imbaTV which is also quite funny

Jerom on Teamliquid on the right hand side u can c the streams that are on the air at m and what tournies are coming up. eg at this very moment there are: 5 featured live streamers and 3 tournies about 2 start

out
Moose_
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Moose_ »

Don't forget RTSSanctuary also has a list of streams that are live on the right side of the SC2 home page!

I don't watch many streams myself, except for things like TSL or the finals of other tournaments. I might start streaming my games again soon, though not many people watched last time ^^
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i watch streams every 1-2 months, mostly from people i know. the standard caster artosis, day9 and such are amazing, but i can't see myself following day9, can't sit there for a whole hour to see his dailies.
i also love casts of people who are playing same sytle as me or if they play soething i also had to play against. take's series is really great for that.
in tourney games, i liek casts of people "casting" the game and making sure tehy don't miss anything.
any other time i prefer fp vods, sadly there are not many, which makes me like streams even more.

[quote=""Moose_""]I might start streaming my games again soon, though not many people watched last time ^^[/quote]

i for sure will :P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I like watching sheth's stream because he explains what he is doing while he is doing it. And he is like no.1 ladder in NA.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I like Streams as I like my Age of Empires, free of Ads
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

If only AoEIII had half as many tournies, cups streams, casters. Man that would have been soooooo kewl.

out
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Yup, but AOE3 didn't even had the minimum requirement for it: Observer function
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »