Cammel & SC2? IT REALLY IS CHRISTMAS!

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Cammel & SC2? IT REALLY IS CHRISTMAS!

Post by TheRam »

Okay guys, I got lucky and via SA-Mart (somethingawful.com forums) I picked up SC2 for $35 which is ~£13 off the best I could find UK wise.

So yeah, I'm going to be on SC2 probably as of Xmas day (DL link whilst the game ships) so I will want to be playing with my old RTS pals.

I want someone like Drew to show me the ropes so that I can hurry up and get good, I was pretty mean at AoE:3 by the end of things so I'm assuming I can be world #10 within a few weeks.

SC is easy, right?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cammel & SC2? IT REALLY IS CHRISTMAS!

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

it's very easy!
good to see you again too, and even better you are on EU!
drew recently got his eu account so i'm sure he would like to help you out.
i am also on the task of making my "comeback" to sc2 again after not playing for some months

when you have the game and made an account be sure to add your details here
http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... it=profile
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Ofc we can play and such. I'd be happy to look at some recs if you play zerg.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Where is Choco? :)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Actually I'm not on EU.

I'm on North America, someone tell me if this is a terrible terrible thing. At present, unless I love it I can't really get an EU account for a little while.

It's a shame that they did region blockin', do people know if it's ever in the works to change this?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well the clan is more active on EU, that is at least my impression. Drew will be to answer this since he has already for a few days accounts on NA and EU (the only one in the clan).

Blizzard quote
Getting people online, playing and interacting is obviously the overall goal for the Battle.net platform, and that includes allowing people to play across regional boundaries as they have in the past.

Unfortunately, there are a multitude of challenges we have to overcome due to the unique regional account and billing options that didn’t exist in the past. But those hurdles aren’t insurmountable, and we are looking into solutions that will allow interested players to obtain access to other regional versions without having to buy another full copy of the game. Those solutions are something we’re currently planning to have available through Battle.net Account Management within the first few months of StarCraft II’s release.

Before that solution is implemented though, you’re correct in that you’d need to purchase a US copy of the game on launch day to play in the US region.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Ahh okay, well that's good to know at least I can play with a few of you in the meanwhile. I am of course a bit disappointed I can't play with all of my AoE:3 pals off the bat, but I will be coming to a SC game near you all soon I should imagine!

Let's just see if I can pick this game up nice and quicksmart, I'll watch some VODs and stuff before I do the placement ranking things, but I really have no idea how smooth and easy to move through the PR system is in this game.

I am completely unknowing of all that is Starcraft.
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

Hey cammel, i don't think i met you in AoeIII but I am on north america server. My ID is Shoji.830.

EU server unfortunately has more people, but hit me up if you want to play a few games :)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

why did you end up buying north american client anyway? you are living in the UK or?
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

I saw it was cheap to buy on SA-mart as I said, I checked play.com (didn't exactly search elsewhere) and it saved me £10.

I am now a Uni student and am poor.

I can wait for region thingy, I also made an error in assuming N30 was more american whereas I now remember I largely played with the likes of the Portuguese and the Canadian (who has two regions :))
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

well if u would have checked the forums u would have found out that u would have got it here for roundabout 21 Euros ;)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Comadevil""]well if u would have checked the forums u would have found out that u would have got it here for roundabout 21 Euros ;)[/quote]

Indeed. However I checked the forums after I realised I wanted to try SC2 :)