1.2 is now scheduled for first week of January

Post by Comadevil »

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 1.2 is now scheduled for first week of January

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

and these fixes were provided for the PTR

• Fixed a pathing issue that units can push an opponent's units.

• SCVs can no longer continue construction on a building from inside of an adjacent bunker.

• Fixed an issue where SCVs can keep repairing at a short range even though the structure they are repairing is blocked by force fields.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

hopefully with chat channels and what not we can start to actually form a sense of community.

im really tired of only seeing 1 or 2 friends online every time i log onto battle.net.

we desperately need to do some recruiting in North America.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]hopefully with chat channels and what not we can start to actually form a sense of community.

im really tired of only seeing 1 or 2 friends online every time i log onto battle.net.

we desperately need to do some recruiting in North America.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly.

And with Drew probably going to spend his time on the EU server, that's one less person.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""GrEaTeR_KnArLoC""][quote=""KingKaramazov""]hopefully with chat channels and what not we can start to actually form a sense of community.

My thoughts exactly.

And with Drew probably going to spend his time on the EU server, that's one less person.[/quote]

drew counts as at least 3 persons judging by his amount of games ;-)
yes kingkarmacyxoz there will eb chat channels, it's unclear though when the clan function comes
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""GrEaTeR_KnArLoC""][quote=""KingKaramazov""]hopefully with chat channels and what not we can start to actually form a sense of community.

My thoughts exactly.

And with Drew probably going to spend his time on the EU server, that's one less person.[/quote]

drew counts as at least 3 persons judging by his amount of games ;-)
yes kingkarmacyxoz there will eb chat channels, it's unclear though when the clan function comes[/quote]

We don't need the clan functions as long as we have a common gathering place for the members. AoE 3 didn't have particularly robust clan features, either.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

that's true KK, but look at it from this poin:the bodns to other clans can be more lively with a clan function or? i agree that we here are already well established, no matter how the games clan function is
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
We don't need the clan functions as long as we have a common gathering place for the members. AoE 3 didn't have particularly robust clan features, either.[/quote]

But quite useful for keeping track of clan members and displaying a ranking list without using 3rd party sites.
Keeping track of members is now quite impossible

Chat channels mean nothing to me. Avoided them in every game so far
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Comadevil""][quote=""KingKaramazov""]
We don't need the clan functions as long as we have a common gathering place for the members. AoE 3 didn't have particularly robust clan features, either.[/quote]

But quite useful for keeping track of clan members and displaying a ranking list without using 3rd party sites.
Keeping track of members is now quite impossible

Chat channels mean nothing to me. Avoided them in every game so far[/quote]

That's fine, but the main issue so far with having some kind of clan feeling on b.net is the lack of a central gathering place to have discussions...everybody has to be in the same party or the same game in order to interact with one another simultaneously.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

For this we and other clans have a voice server. Our isn't used.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

melons gonna have sc after christmas, so you will probably see both of us on alot. I agree though, it would be very nice to have lots more people on.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

It's also nice to have [clantag] in your name xD
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Comadevil""]For this we and other clans have a voice server. Our isn't used.[/quote]

Meh, I'm not a big fan of voice servers, and unless people in the clan are really familiar with one another, they probably won't be super keen on them either.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I won't be going back to the NA servers until they implement cross server play.

The program I used to go back and forth from server to server is in violation of Blizzard's TOS. And the only other way to go back and forth is to uninstall the EU client and reinstall the NA client -- which takes a while -- especially including patch time.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

U are wrong Drew. U can have both versions installed at the same time.
Or how do u think top players do it?
U just have to save the contents of ur My Documents/Starcraft2 directory and install the NA version to a different folder. After that u restore the My Documents/Starcraft2 folder

Voice servers:
That's a mere excuse KK. In all clans i went i just went on the voice server and began to talk with people. Just in N3O a voice server isn't popular because skype was always the program and almost nobody really switched
ALready if u wanna play together chat is awful.