Custom Hotkeys Discussion

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Valckrie
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Custom Hotkeys Discussion

Post by Valckrie »

Ok so recently I made a new hotkey profile to use, to make macroing a bit easier. I changed TownCentre (view hatch) originally from backspace to Z, and idle workers frmo F1 to x. I figure this would help me greatly in injecting lava faster, as i currently use the minimap to do so, but this method should be much quicker if utilized to its full extent

The idle worker button F1 I don't think many people use because it's so far away from the other keys, but now I've remapped it I find its quite useful to press X a few times and see if there's any idling workers around. This doesn't happen too much as Z since you use drones to make buildings but from time to time when playing T or P it should be quite useful

I also wanted to remap the location hotkeys to something else, but haven't really thought of good keys for them to go to. I was thinking maybe ALT+number keys if that would work, maybe the "," "." "/" keys also. anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Legit method approved by blizzard - original post from TL : Legal method to create hotkey scheme
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Custom Hotkeys Discussion

Post by Comadevil »

I have put Backspace and F1 on my mouse side buttons with Logitech SetPoint

That makes macroing much easier
Valckrie
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Valckrie »

Ah that's pretty useful I can imagine... i don't havea mouse with extra buttons though ^^
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Then buy one.

MX 518 e.g. THey aren't so expensive anymore. Or get it to Xmas. ;)

It is pretty useful for injecting larvae.
Though after each patch i have to change manually the XML config file since the exe is always at a different place then. The Starcraft2.exe is only a pre-launcher.
Otherwise i would have to configure it via Setpoint again and that is a bit hindrance since it doesn't let u edit the exe file via GUI
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

why would you want to do that now? in a few weeks you get the new patch which allows you to edit all the hotkeys without any further hassle :-P
and as coma said, i juts used the side buttons on my mouse, GRID layout is neraly perfect i just needed the "0" and "9" numebrs on it plus the backspace button for centering view on the TC's