Phoenix

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Phoenix

Post by Gomezd »

Why did blizzard decide to change the phonix lifting up ability? Like before if you lift something up and it died it would automatically cancel the ability, now you have to do it manually, is this some sort of bug or is it intended?

If it is intended why oh why would they do that, the phoneix is fairly limited as it is, only really good vs mutalisks, yet it was really fun raiding with them getting 3 or 4 behind a mineral line and popping drones/probles/scvs was fun, now its a horribly micro intensive activity.

Is this a mistake? or if it was planned what was the thinking behind it, I doubt phoenixes were being abused much.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Phoenix

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

it's a bug, will be fixed soon^^
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Phoenix´s should have a the abality of dragging the unit they lift .ie instead of lifting their target and then having their clones shoot it down, Id like 2 c a feature of being able 2 pull or drag that afloat target with the phoenix 2 safety in order 2 inflict that deadly strike.

With this feature, imo, the phoenix would become alot more viable, since at this moment in time, as Gomezd mentioned, their use is super super super limited.

out
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

but then the phoenix would be able to drag a unit above a cliff, then cancel the ability and what would happen then ?

That seems a little bit to strong, and I think it would be very hard to programm that.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Gomezd
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Gomezd »

thatd be crazy strong! itd be awesome tho I can just picture lifting up immortals and droping them in the middle of my zealots haha.

Thank god its a bug, hope it gets fixed soon, phoenix build is the only way I've been able to make Z players not use mutalisks-the bane of my existence.
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

lol! It would be hilarious for 4-5 phoenix to lift 4-5 tanks, for example, drag them over the abyss (like on scrap station), or over water/etc and watch them fall to their doom!

BTW gomezd, do you have a NA account as well? (because of the cross-regions for SEA server...)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i don't know what you mean. phoenixes are not "underused" they are a viable option.