General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Changes to the 1v1 mapset

Post by jerom »

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/761328#blog

seems like they are removing kulas ravine and desert oasis, and replacing them with Jungle Basin and Shakuras plateau.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Changes to the 1v1 mapset

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Shakuras plateau feels like a very nice map, but the back door enternce isnt good imo.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

kulas suxxed balls and they just redid desert :), but i can agree with those changes
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I´m glad desert oasis is out, I really hated that map. I do think they should try to balance some maps and add some extra ones to the map set because I think the amount of maps is pretty dull.

What do you guys think about junle basin. The natural is kinda protected there.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

wow nice^^
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Just had a game on Shakuras plateau, it´s definitely a lot better than Kulas ravine, and actually kinda funny is you spawn in positions where you can easily use the backdoor :D

EDIT: This is also a pretty nice read about the maps http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/679179410
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

I kinda liked desert oasis with the rocks and reduced center path... Oh well. Didn't like kulas, though.

Shakura's plateau is an interesting 1v1 map, to say the least.

Have those changes been implemented yet?
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

I love the big main and easily defended naturalbut I think that shakuras would be better if that backdoor path would be removed and instead linked that base to the central area (as a fourth or second third base). Its just so dumb to just be able to walk straigth to your opponents main even when he has all the map control.

I played three games on that map vs Hastings (a zerg player) as protoss and everry time he had mutas controlling the map and lings at towers and i had been teching to colossus with two bases. Hastings got 4-5 bases and i literally walked into his main (because the rocks go dowon very fast when u have your whole army shooting at it) and killed every building he had and won. That felt really stupid.

Well, we also played some games on jungle basin and it felt pretty good. We only had short games where we only got 2-3 bases so its hard to say anythig yet. Fast expanding as protoss felt really safe, but Hastings seemed to have problems getting the third base up as zerg.