Leaked Patch Notes?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Re: Leaked Patch Notes?

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""36drew""]Chrono cool down makes sense. Afterall, it's not fair that zerg inject larva and then can't again for another 20-30 seconds. A terran can piss off and come back and throw down 4238947 mules. Definetly not balanced.[/quote]

Not entirely sure I agree here. I understand your point of view, but perhaps it should be zerg changed here to fall into line and not terran. To give an example of my view here, take the HC and card system from AOE. You get shipments for experience, now you can choose to save these shipments until a better time (eg: wait until you hit colonial with ports before using a shipment). Now, they stack because that is your choice, and you have earnt the experience.
Would you not see changing zerg as a better option to nerfing terran?
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

That would be a fine alternative for me. Just so that things are levelled.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Thing is Strokey, the way Spawn Larvae works, even if you could use it without a cooldown, you can only use it once at a time on a hatchery, and you have to wait a certain amount of time for the larvae to come out. Even if you could use it multiple times on one hatchery, you'd have to wait for the larvae for a while. Plus, there's no real advantage to suddenly having a bunch of larvae versus building them up gradually over time.

To make Zerg equal with Terran, the larvae would have to spawn immediately and you'd have to be able to use it multiple times on a single hatchery with no cooldown. That way there'd be minimal penalty for forgetting to use it every time you get the opportunity. I don't think I'd like that because it'd make things less interesting and it would lower the skill level.

I'd rather they change it this way and make it so Terran players have to be more attentive and actually take advantage of their energy when they have it, instead of being able to make up for lost time by calling down a ton of mules / supply all at once.

Also, my main gripe with spawn larvae is not that it penalizes you for forgetting to use it, or because it's difficult at times, but because there's no benefit to not using it every time as soon as you can use it. You can't strategically save up energy to use something else, or use it in different ways in the way that Terran / Toss can with their macro mechanics. Changing Spawn Larvae to be more forgiving in the way that the Terran and Toss mechanics are wouldn't change that, really. Spawn Creep Tumor and Heal are situational enough that they don't provide a lot of energy tension with Spawn Larvae. You're better off just making another queen.

I guess my "long story short" version is Spawn Larvae is just less interesting and less forgiving than the other macro mechanics; I have no problem with them making the other mechanics less forgiving to be a bit more fair. It still doesn't make Spawn Larvae strategically interesting.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

Tbh Terran is way too easy to play at a somehow high lvl, yesterday i beated some 1200 Z player who is clearly better then me just by abusing some simple T build. I would love to see some increased difficulty to play P and T, they are way too easy to macro right now. Especially P is a joke, warping in units is super easy and just chronoboost everything gives u a somewhat good build when ur a total noob with the race.
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

Nerfing the chrono boost is a bad idea. Many protoss build orders are dependent on certain chrono timings. Plus, the nexus has no other energy dump (like the depot, scan, transfusion, or creep tumors). If you play protoss, you'll realize how vital chrono boosts are. If you change them, at least give the protoss another nexus ability.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Changing the Chrono Boost will affect teamgames heavily. If you face two Zergs its necessary to get the first Zealot out as fast as possible to block the entrance. Delaying that for 5 extra seconds is evil. Especially for not pro gamers like me, who haven't a perfect timing.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Changing the Chrono Boost will affect teamgames heavily. If you face two Zergs its necessary to get the first Zealot out as fast as possible to block the entrance. Delaying that for 5 extra seconds is evil. Especially for not pro gamers like me, who haven't a perfect timing.[/quote]

I'd like to see them balance the macro mechanics in such a way that Zerg doesn't gain an unfair advantage attacking very early on and Protoss and Terran can't so easily build larger armies (read: equal or more units) than the Zerg in early to mid-game. Zerg rushing shouldn't be super easy, but I also shouldn't feel less able to "Zerg" my opponent with lots of smaller units than my Terran opponent, who can overwhelm me easily with a mass of quickly produced infantry, or even a Toss who can mass produce gateway units in an instant.

Blizzard did a great job of giving Terran and Protoss new mechanics to allow them to do a lot of the things only Zerg used to be able to do - quickly producing lots of small, mobile, quickly deployed units. They didn't really give anything to Zerg to compensate; Zerg, for example, didn't gain a greater ability to wall up and turtle in their base, or siege bases from afar, or field individually strong units capable of massacring many enemies.

Now Zerg has less of a racial identity and the other races have more tools at their disposal (and generally stronger units).
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey