7% increased gathering rate

Post by Comadevil »

deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Re: 7% increased gathering rate

Post by deaconferal »

As awesome as this seems, I just can't be bothered to do this. Nice find though. 7% is actually quite significant for those who feel like putting the extra APM in.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ye saw this too, dunno what to make of it.
maybe eventually i would implement it to the first few minutes of the game, after that it doesn't work anymore, since you need your attention elsewhere :-P
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

yeah, i have more important things to worry about, like actually using my resources effectively
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Well im just having a lunch out of my nose the first few minutes of a game, so I guess that´s when this is useful
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

[quote=""jerom""]...im just having a lunch out of my nose...[/quote]

huh?

out
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""LaZy""][quote=""jerom""]...im just having a lunch out of my nose...[/quote]

huh?

out[/quote]

LOL

Well, this is a saying here in the Netherlands, "eating out of your nose" means that you don't have to do a thing. So what he basically is saying, is that you don't have to do much in the first couple of minutes in a game.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""DutchNvG""][quote=""LaZy""][quote=""jerom""]...im just having a lunch out of my nose...[/quote]

huh?

out[/quote]

LOL

Well, this is a saying here in the Netherlands, "eating out of your nose" means that you don't have to do a thing. So what he basically is saying, is that you don't have to do much in the first couple of minutes in a game.[/quote]
I hate english men :(
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I've been using this, but man... I feel like I forget to transition into normal gameplay after. I don't know if I think it's worth it or not. It also in a way requires that you don't mislcick. Sometimes you take someone off minerals 0.0000028374892 seconds too early and it totalyl makes it not worth it.

I'm sure for pros its worthwhile though.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i'm bumping this, seems like blizzard is gonna fix this in a future patch
Hey guys,

We've seen many threads on this issue and I wanted to let you know that we are aware of the reports and hope to have this resolved in the future.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Hope they dont patch it :) Every tiny thing like this makes the game a bit more competitive.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

I have here another opinion. To be competitive has nothing to do with spamming APM on workers at the beginning
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I disagree. It doesn't matter much, and it doesn't matter for everybody, but it matters for some.

If I go berzerk in the first 2 minutes of the game with 300ish apm, I am much better able to maintain a high speed as the game progresses.

I struggle with maintaining my apm later in the game without needless spamming early on.

There is a reason that every sc 1 pro spams INSANELY in the first few moments of the game. And it's for the very reason that I mentioned.

While it's not as exclusive in sc2, watch a recording for TLO, Dimaga, Idra, etc and you quickly realize that they spam (at least to a moderate) degree early in the game. Then they transition into normal 150apm gameplay.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well but this is more a player specific thing if they need to spam APM to maintain APM. They can still spam if they want to.
I know also a diamond US player (Trump) who is in TOP 100 US and has quite low APM, but he uses his APM quite efficient
I just think such a "useless" task like this should not be in a RTS game.
This is also the reason why Blizzard improved the worker management in SC2 compared to SC1
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I'm really thankful they did. No automine was insane in sc1.