08 Terran LiquidTLO
09 Terran ClouD
10 Terran NTT
11 Terran PrO
12 Terran KeySu
13 Protoss ZeeRaX
14 Protoss mouzMaNa
15 Terran PredYLast edit: 2010-08-19 07:58:42

Terran OP? To be clear, i'm not complaining, just stating the current state of affairs. I also am very understanding that there isn't a balance patch yet since release. It has even been a month!
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Re: Not a complaining thread, I swear

Post by deaconferal »

I'm hardly surprised. The issue of balance isn't as critical at this level but what is actually frustrating at this level is that Terran requires significantly less skill to achieve the same playing ability as Z or P.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i heard that the reason they havent released a patch for balance yet is that the effects of one would be different for each and every server or smt along those lines. to be fair , no one was complaining about terran on release. only recently *past2 weeks* have the OMG TERRAN OP threads been started. i honestly can't see how nerfing terran to the point at which some ppl say needs nerfed wouldn't put protoss on top, i agree tho that zerg needs a buff *faster lair tech time and slightly cheaper hydra is only thing i can think of on that 1, maybe 2 pop roach also maybe*
- Dan
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

10 of the Top 20 in Korea are Zerg.......
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

well, imo koreans cheat with their 300 APM

But i have been playing zerg lately and it feels like Zerg has too less options while other races have tons of options. Also most units are really gas heavy which also isnt in favour of zerg, + it seems like they have a population problem, a zerg 200/200 is much smaller then any other civ cause you got those queens. I also think the building time of some unit buildings like a Spire take way too long to give zerg any flexibility.

But most important is the fact they dont have and early / midgame options to break through a turtle.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""Bart331""]...it feels like Zerg has too less options while other races have tons of options. Also most units are really gas heavy which also isnt in favour of zerg...[/quote]
Pretty much all the games I played in SC2 were with the Zerg. I can only agree with this statement.

[quote=""Bart331""]...I also think the building time of some unit buildings like a Spire take way too long to give zerg any flexibility...[/quote]
Yes, absolutely true. Making a Spire, Hive and Greater Spire takes far too long.

I personally miss another thing with the Zerg. In my opinion the Zerg misses a unit you can train early which can attack air units. Both Terran and Protoss do have an early anti-air unit. The Zerglings should be able to "break off" their wings and "launch" the wings to the enemy air unit :P
For example, when a Terran player blocks of the only entrance (what they pretty much always do), makes some Marines for defense and head straight for air (banshee) it's too hard to do something against that. Since it's hard to scout a Terran player due to the slow Overlords (which got killed by the Marines when they arrive at your opponent's base) and the blocked entrance, you can't really "see" the fast air coming. You can now say a thing like "ye, make Hidralisk then" but since they do significantly worse against infantery than Roaches and can't know if the Terran player heads for Tanks or Banshee, that's not really an option.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""Bart331""]well, imo koreans cheat with their 300 APM
[/quote]

This doesn't matter much to Blizzard. Since Starcraft II games are shown on TV in Korea and proably many will watch it, they also have to think about balance here

Blizzard sold 9.5 Mio copies of SC:BW, 4.5 alone in Korea, so we will see what happens
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

[quote=""DutchNvG"]For example, when a Terran player blocks of the only entrance (what they pretty much always do), makes some Marines for defense and head straight for air (banshee) it's too hard to do something against that.[/quote]
Usually zerg expands pretty early so you get two queens to kill any banshees. Get an overseer after you get lair and you're safe from any banshee harass.
[quote=""DutchNvG"]Since it's hard to scout a Terran player due to the slow Overlords (which got killed by the Marines when they arrive at your opponent's base) and the blocked entrance, you can't really "see" the fast air coming.[/quote]
You can actually scout almost evrything with one overlord ealry, especially if hes going fast air cause he doesnt have that many marines. Zerg can always sack one OL for scouting the enemy while gatting lair. After the lair get OL speed and you can scout pretty easily without losing any OLs.

I think that blizz shouldnt nerf terran yet, give the community some more time to experiment with the game. As day9 says, zerg can get a super fast lair and expo if playing without queens! You might want to try that next :)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Balance issues aren't that badly IMO. I haven't joined TAD online from the beginning but the 10/10 also wasn't invented right away and I think India was first considered quite weak, so just give it time and one will come up with a very effective Zerg strategy, if not then patching might be wise.

Personally I´d give it a couple of weeks to develope, and then think about the balance later on.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I remember when China was so OP it had to be mega nerfed. By the time patch came around China wasn't considered OP.

Not saying thats the case here. Just .... Could be.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

plz dont forget some ppl have been playing this game on professional lvl for an half year now, and in the current state of the game it seems like Terran is only discovering more and more viable strats while zerg has a hard time to even find a few viable strats.