Alright, We Need to Recruit Or Something....

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Alright, We Need to Recruit Or Something....

Post by KingKaramazov »

coma, one thing that is missing on the member info page is a "where are you from" thing. many people have their sc2 info up on the member list but there's no info about where they're from or what server they're on. only a few have "EU:" in front of their nick.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

So i made some work and changed it for the people who didn't mentioned their server

SO people if u enter ur SC2 nick into ur profile do it like this: Example: "EU: Comadevil.438"

Thx
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Username: NvGurp
Number: 135
EU-Server
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""DutchNvG""]Username: NvGurp
EU-Server[/quote]

In your profile dude, your profile...... :roll:
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""DutchNvG""]Username: NvGurp
EU-Server[/quote]

In your profile dude, your profile...... :roll:[/quote]

I know, I have already done that, I just wanted to let you know I'm on sc2 aswell :wink:
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i think we could even wait with the recruitment until all of us have added each other successfully and we get a normal "battle.net atmosphere" going like we did in aoe3?
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i think we could even wait with the recruitment until all of us have added each other successfully and we get a normal "battle.net atmosphere" going like we did in aoe3?[/quote]

Agreed. And really this problem is only temporary until we get a B-net that integrates all the regions as well as allows clan support, right?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

clan support. yes
integrate all regions:
when you are talking about n3o then yes, they will probably make it available for free that you can play with your friends, but obviously no ladder games or public hosted games, crossrealmplay will be probably limited to play with some friends, which is totally fine as that is what we want, if i wanna ladder i can ladder on eu etc.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]clan support. yes
integrate all regions:
when you are talking about n3o then yes, they will probably make it available for free that you can play with your friends, but obviously no ladder games or public hosted games, crossrealmplay will be probably limited to play with some friends, which is totally fine as that is what we want, if i wanna ladder i can ladder on eu etc.[/quote]

There's been no guarantee of this at all. So far, all I've heard is that they may, in the near future, allow players to buy a key that will allow them to play on another server for a cost that is lower than the full retail price of the game.

In other words, you wanna play with people across the ocean? Pay up.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yes there is:
clan support is guaranteed, the 2nd thing i said is just my own personal guess, in the past my guesses were mostly true :-)
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Yeah you should listen to aaryn :P
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]yes there is:
clan support is guaranteed, the 2nd thing i said is just my own personal guess, in the past my guesses were mostly true :-)[/quote]

Yes, clan support will definitely be in. I really doubt there will ever be 100% free region changing. Maybe in the distant future when Blizz can no longer make money off people who really want to play with foreign friends.

But if it's like $20 I might be willing to do it.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Zor is back for Starcraft 2, I actually left for DoW then DoW2 but at the time it was poo poo to talk about other games. Also I live in Cyprus instead of Houston now, good for me since apparently US participation in SC2 is low?

I've added info to my profile & I'll say it here too.
ZoRPrimE EU servers.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hello zorprime, welcome back!
be sure to add your identifier code too! (3-digit number) just saying your nickname won't help us finding you
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

ah hah!
Mine is ZoRPrimE 369 updated profile too.
I didn't play Beta or anything so I'm fresh into it. Haven't played SC in years either.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind