Alright, We Need to Recruit Or Something....

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alright, We Need to Recruit Or Something....

Post by KingKaramazov »

I don't have nearly enough friends in game, and the lack of chat or other good social options doesn't make it easy to acquire more. We should start actively trying to bring more players into the N3O fold on the American server.

Too bad there aren't any official clan features on Bnet 2.0 yet. Blizzard really effed up with the new Bnet. :?

To be fair, though, the Facebook feature is pretty cool, I've already played some games with 1) a kid I haven't talked to or seen in years and b) some kid from one of my english classes who I never talked to but apparently plays SC2.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Alright, We Need to Recruit Or Something....

Post by etrips888 »

Never really thought about it, but that lack of clans and even chat rooms makes it really hard to get a good community feel at times. I mean I feel If i talk to someone in game about joining an awesome clan, they wouldn't know/care what I had to say.

But add me and we can play some if you want :)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Add me too.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

add me

sc2 : DeadHandDan.381 - US server

edit: forgot to state my id#
Last edited by deadhanddan on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

we have quite alot of people on euro, but on America, i dunno i guess there are few of you guys^^ you guys could add greater_karnloc too.
lets hope the clan feature comes in september rather than the patch towards end of the year
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

add me too. SomeGreekGuy.739 - US Server
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]we have quite alot of people on euro, but on America, i dunno i guess there are few of you guys^^ you guys could add greater_karnloc too.
lets hope the clan feature comes in september rather than the patch towards end of the year[/quote]

Sorry i didnt get the EU server game :P I didnt get it because eventrually there should be cross-over regions.

My nick is Shoji.830

Whats ur nick/code?
Last edited by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

knarloc u traitor , trying to turncoat for EU server >*(

oh well lets play sumtime
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""GrEaTeR_KnArLoC""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]we have quite alot of people on euro, but on America, i dunno i guess there are few of you guys^^ you guys could add greater_karnloc too.
lets hope the clan feature comes in september rather than the patch towards end of the year[/quote]

Sorry i couldnt get the EU server game :P

My nick is Shoji.830

Whats ur nick/code?[/quote]

lol you are funny man :P
if you're not on eu we can't play (yet) :(

go to tihs link and enter your details
http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... it=profile
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrEaTeR_KnArLoC
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GrEaTeR_KnArLoC »

:(

I did end up gettting US server so im not that much of a traitor xD

Ill add u online dhd :P
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

First to say: I don't like such threads at all. This is already the third thread about Nick and IDs for Starcraft. Information gets strewn all over the place.

New members or so won't find such threads or they aren't up to date because some left the clan. So we have a central site site for this
Plaease enter your details in your profile.
Please do so. U can also add ur server there. THe text field for the Starcraft nick is free editable
If u are a member of N3O and don't have access to the central page, send me an PM i will add u to N3O members group. I made this so google doesn't index it, because of other details shown there

Thx for ur attention
Coma
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Comadevil""]First to say: I don't like such threads at all. This is already the third thread about Nick and IDs for Starcraft. Information gets strewn all over the place.

New members or so won't find such threads or they aren't up to date because some left the clan. So we have a central site site for this
Plaease enter your details in your profile.
Please do so. U can also add ur server there. THe text field for the Starcraft nick is free editable
If u are a member of N3O and don't have access to the central page, send me an PM i will add u to N3O members group. I made this so google doesn't index it, because of other details shown there

Thx for ur attention
Coma[/quote]

this thread wasn't intended to be about sharing nick information, coma, but about the need to recruit more members on the american server.

however, it's good that people are sharing their info since the info in the n3o member list is not up to date at all
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

I just wish that the Blizzards realise the patch that gives cross-section/one world section patch soon. Would love to have our American and Australian friends in our section. :(
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]I just wish that the Blizzards realise the patch that gives cross-section/one world section patch soon. Would love to have our American and Australian friends in our section. :([/quote]

I'm guessing that will be the patch that brings clan implimentation into the game too.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
this thread wasn't intended to be about sharing nick information, coma, but about the need to recruit more members on the american server.
[/quote]
I know, but it is turning in such thread

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
however, it's good that people are sharing their info since the info in the n3o member list is not up to date at all[/quote]

Yeah it is nice that people share their information. But they shouldn't do it in such a thread they should make it in their profile because this list is dynamic and takes the info from their profile.
Consequence is: if people put their SC2 nicks there then it will be immediately be displayed on that page. The page isn't up to date because people didn't put their nick there or haven't changed their beta nick to WoL release nick.
It is not a static site which was made some long time ago and isn't maintained. Every user maintains his data there so to say. I hope i made my point clear.
So summa summarum: Dudes, put your SC2 nick into your profile

I am so insistent on it because i know what happens with such threads: They get untidy, information is all over in different threads. We had this with AOE3 nicks, with Messenger things and so on. THat's why the members page was created. So u can find all info at a central place and u don't have to search through long old forgotten threads, if u are new to the clan and seek info

Thx,
Coma