Idea?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Idea?

Post by Drag »

Hi guys, sorry I`ve been AFK but I`m in Japan and will continue to be until around the 31st ish. Just doing some real life stuff here. Anyways, I had an idea. Since intercontinental play appears to be a long way off in the future, I thought it might be cool if everyone here either registered a bnet account in the US or EU region, so that we could all play together. The lag really does not seem to be a problem, as me and Drew can play together while streaming/frapsing with no greater lag. Anyone else think this is a viable idea?
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Idea?

Post by Zutazuta »

CD Keys are region locked. That means that in order to play on the US Server, you'll need to buy a game from an area that supports the US Server. Same goes with the Euro Server.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Interesting. Thanks for sharing Zuta. I do believe within 6 months time we will see an option for logging on to different servers. Blizzard has said it will come, they just haven't commited to a date.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

I could be wrong but I believe I read that if you buy an online digital version, you could specify what region you wanted to register for. Believe I read that from robo's post at RTS sanc
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

yeah thats true