Carrier bug?

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Carrier bug?

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

This is from drags wiew and you can clearly see that the carrier is out of sight of those marines and no scanning is going on but still the marines can shoot the carrier wth?! Look at the carriers health and game time from diff pics.
Image http://img88.imageshack.us/i/screenshot000do.jpg/
Image http://img203.imageshack.us/i/screenshot001vd.jpg/
Image http://img153.imageshack.us/i/screenshot003on.jpg/
Also once when i was watching a replay from opponents wiew i saw the carriers flyer helper moving around the map every time i had the carrier selected in my wiew, even when the carrier was out of sight!
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Carrier bug?

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

I cant make the pics visible so i posted these links :S
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

The marines are shooting the interceptors. No bug here. It's just the animation time in the first photo that makes it look like it shooting the carrier when in fact it's just that the interceptor moves SO fast compared to the marine shooting animation.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Look at the diff pictures. The carrier is losing health even when its on high ground and out of those marines LOS. I can post the rec too if you want.
EDIT: And how can the marines see the carrier?
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Post the replay. Only way to know for sure if its a bug or legit.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

not only post a replay, but post this on the offical sc2 bnet forum too so they can fix it
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

http://www.aoe3clan.com/index.php?name= ... 2400#62400
Cant post the rep on this forum so see the link above. I thougt to first post this here to see what u think.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ok i watched the game.
it was a bit weird that he could still hit your carrier after it was standing right above the cliff, but a little while later, one of his marines wallked up the ramp, giving him the LOS he needed to attack your carrier.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i have to revamp this, seems like there are some nasty graphic bugs.
yesterday in a game i could see the shadow of my friend placing a pylon in the middle of nowehree (i had no units there, but scouted the area before) and i heard the sound that you get when you place a pylon too.

i have no graphic bugs in the game nor any fps problems so this is definitely blizzards bug^^ it only happened once though
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Did this happen in game or just replay? Replay bug not as big deal as a 'in game bug'
I know it's common for RTS's to have audio through fog of war if you're hovering where activity is happening. I wouldn't think it would be correct to see anything though.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]Did this happen in game or just replay? Replay bug not as big deal as a 'in game bug'
I know it's common for RTS's to have audio through fog of war if you're hovering where activity is happening. I wouldn't think it would be correct to see anything though.[/quote]

what happens ingame is the same what happens in replay.
and no it is not common to hear what's going on in the fog of war lol it is a bug which needs to be fixed. i wasl ike wth when i saw his pylong going up.

that said i still have the replay, i didn't watch it, need to do so asap^^