General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SC2 to be region locked

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

update on this mattter:
sc2 will not be region locked a couple of months after release. you will be able to use another client from the game (for example asian or us) without having to buy the game again
We are aware of players' concerns about the cross-region play and they are being addressed. As stated previously out long term plan with Battle.net is to allow players to play together. This unfortunately cannot be achieved at this point, due to various challenges and issues connected to it, making it more difficult to implement than in the past. On the other hand we are looking into solutions which will allow interested players to get access to different regions without buying another full copy of the game. There will be support for this on the Account Management site in the first few months after the release. (Kapeselus, 17.06.2010 09:59)

Before that solution is implemented though, you're correct in that you'd need to purchase a US copy of the game on launch day to play in the US region.
also, about chat channels and identifiers and such:
There will definitely be "chat channels" coming in one of the patches after the release. The system will be based around groups, where you will be able to join public channels that are based around your interests, which can be virtually anything. Also the system will include private chat channels (in plans for release in the first few months after the release), where you will be able to meet with your friends.

As for identifiers they are returning for the second phase of the beta. The previous system did not work as intended to some degree and based on feedback received the developers decided to implement a variation of this, which is going to attach character codes. These will be three digit numbers added to your nickname and they will be seen in the UI screens. Thanks to this you will be able to add friends manually, just like previously with identifiers. On top of that you can still add friends using all other methods (using the score screen or RealID).

I'll pause with that.

The number will be automatically generated. Please keep in mind that you won't be able to see this code everywhere, but only on certain screens. (i.e. it won't get in the way and it won't ruin the "look" of your nickname, don't worry!

(Zhydaris, 17.06.2010 11:24 -
and
Facebook and Chat Channels are not linked in any way.

this is great news. they will add the reworked chat channels and the identifier will be created randomly, and it won't interfere with our nickanmes and make them ugly :-P
and there will be (like i assumed) a version extra for big lan tournaments where the server will be brought by blizzard employees (since they have to allow any kind of big tournament) and so people got their much beloved lan latency.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

nice
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

They woke up and decided to make this game better :D
RE should really look at this to understand what they are doing wrong :-P
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

Bart you're link is broken :S
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Zutazuta""]Bart you're link is broken :S[/quote]

i don't think that links purpose was to lead to a valid website^^
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Zutazuta""]Bart you're link is broken :S[/quote]

i don't think that links purpose was to lead to a valid website^^[/quote]

?
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

you stupid? :?
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

:D hilarious
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

well, i didn't go on it :-P so just assumeing on my side
but what serious site would call it self that

or do you mean how blizzard saved the day, in the end?