SC 2 Release Date Announced - July 27, 2010

General Discussion about StarCraft 2

Moderators: Global Moderator, SC2 moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: SC 2 Release Date Announced - July 27, 2010

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Obviously the sc2 top players don't just attack move all the way, I think that Zuta meant that to succeed in sc2 macro goes first and later comes micro, while in aoe it isn't that much like that.[/quote]

Eh, I think it's at least as much that way in AoE as it is in Starcraft. The armies tend to be fairly large in both games and while micro might seem to matter more in general in AoE, there's also a lot more macro to do in terms of balancing your economy with a few different resources types, shipments, and so on.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]what do you mean with top of your league karamazov? you figured out how to exactly view it?[/quote]

each league has a bunch of divisions and you are ranked within that division. e.g. i'm gold league division 83 rank 20. my goal would be to climb into the top 10 or top 5 of that division and stay there, and maybe some day to ascend to platinum.

you can view your ranking / division etc in your profile
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
each league has a bunch of divisions and you are ranked within that division. e.g. i'm gold league division 83 rank 20. my goal would be to climb into the top 10 or top 5 of that division and stay there, and maybe some day to ascend to platinum.

you can view your ranking / division etc in your profile[/quote]

i know all this already, thought you had figured out a new way :(

but hey, as you were saying these lines a fantastic idea stroke through my head.
get rid of the "new player gets put in this and that league" and make the divisions sequential: meaning division 1 is the highest rated division of a league and all divisions below that are lower then. this would be nice as you would know where you really stand and things were very straightforward.

as it is now, you don't really know where you stand, all divisions are more or less equal. for anybody thikning , the dvisions are just for the ranking you will play anybody form any division if you go play rated games, not just people from your own division.
Drag
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Drag »

The number of your division might be important because it shows how new the division is. Ie Gold Division 1 is in theory the best Gold division since it was the original one, so the players would have the most points. But I don't actually know if that's true.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Drag""]The number of your division might be important because it shows how new the division is. Ie Gold Division 1 is in theory the best Gold division since it was the original one, so the players would have the most points. But I don't actually know if that's true.[/quote]

why the best? they are the ones who got their beta keys and started to play the beta right away when it went live. at the moment there is no real way to know how good you really are compared to your opponents
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""Drag""]But I don't actually know if that's true.[/quote]

It's not
thrashard
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thrashard »

hey everyone. i know it's been a loooong time since i've been very active in aoe3, but it is still one of my favorite games ever. also, this clan made the game so much more fun, and i am grateful for the services provided to me for free. so, i have a sc2 beta invite if any of the owners of NEO would like it. if the owners don't care for it, i will give it to an officer.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

IT'S AN AVALANCHE OF PEOPLE! RUN!
thrashard
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thrashard »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]IT'S AN AVALANCHE OF PEOPLE! RUN![/quote]

you want the key sport?
thrashard
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thrashard »

ok sorry people. it's gone now. highest bidder :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Haha no, I'm just joking, I'll stick to aoe3 for now. These beta invites were very desired some time ago, I'm sure someone is interested ^^
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Hmm, tempting... but I made a preorder at game and got a free beta. (Same way adder did).
thrashard
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thrashard »

i wasn't trying to sell it to anyone here, but someone did offer me money for it. so, i had to sell it.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""thrashard""]i wasn't trying to sell it to anyone here, but someone did offer me money for it. so, i had to sell it.[/quote]

yes, which is a very humble tihng for you, being willing to give your 2nd beta invite to someone of N3O, it's understandable you decided it to give it to someone who was offering something for you in return
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Does anybody know, where i can find a list of troops and their counters? Would be helpful. I never really played Starcraft ^^