You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Hi Everyone !! Looonnnggg time no see..

Post by BashUgood »

Hi All..

I just rebought the Age series and making a return to the game.. I have a loong history playing this game, I think it's in my bloodstream or something. ;)
Looks like the clan is still active, I wasn't sure so I searched and found the website still up.

So what have I missed ? Where does everyone play now that MS is not supporting the game ? I just installed GameRanger and found quite a few people are playing AoE there..

Has anyone played the unofficial expansion to AoE 2 ?

BuG Out ...
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Hi Everyone !! Looonnnggg time no see..

Post by joe4holly »

Welcome back !!

Aoe2: HD came out ,  but like normal support is a little lacking..
AOEO: Came and went kinda quick.
AOE:3 I haven't been online for a while. I have to reinstall it. I think if anyone is online they are only going to play 1-2 games .
SC2: No clue

Just waiting for AOE4. I think AOEO and AOE2 HD might be a trick to try and get more players playing before they release aoe4.

Evey now and then we try and host  a FFA or something :)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I think the sc2 scene is kind of alive. I dont really know though.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

we play sc2, LoL and when the support gets better(+summer sale) the new aoe2 hd on steam.
AoeO is dead, they pulled the plug on it 1 year in and are just keeping the servers up, only a handful of people still play aoe3. but if you do, ESO is your best bet, gameranger is kinda meh.
there are no signs of an aoe4 yet so let's not count that :P
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Ohh I see.. Looks like AoE is hanging on by a thread.. I hope they do make another AoE before it eventually totally phases out for online players..

I actually have bought AoE HD, but I can't get it running on my comp even though I meet the system requirements, as soon as I hit the play button at the main menu it crashes..
I haven't wasted any time looking into AoEO that just looked pathetic the first moment I saw it, can't stand the cartoony graphics  :-\

I'll check out the Forgotten Empires expansion for AoE2 once I receive the game, since I ordered it online. Can't say I plan on playing SC2.. The whole out of space thing doesn't really appeal to me.. 

So does anyone play AoE still ?

BuG out...
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

BashUgood wrote: I actually have bought AoE HD, but I can't get it running on my comp even though I meet the system requirements, as soon as I hit the play button at the main menu it crashes..
I haven't wasted any time looking into AoEO that just looked pathetic the first moment I saw it, can't stand the cartoony graphics  :-\
that is weird, maybe the next patch will fix your troubles? or just contact the steam support.
it was a good decision to not touch Aoeo^^
BashUgood wrote: I'll check out the Forgotten Empires expansion for AoE2 once I receive the game, since I ordered it online. Can't say I plan on playing SC2.. The whole out of space thing doesn't really appeal to me.. 
What do you mean with "once you receive the game"? When you bought it on steam it is available for you to download. That forgotten empire is a fanmade mod, and i think they will bring it as a scenario to the maingame, so that people can play it without modding the game; after all, the FE team got approached by Microsoft.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Hi Aaryn...

Hopefully the 2.4 patch will solve the problem, I've noticed that others have posted the same issue at Steam also.. I've contacted Steam support but they gave me a copy and paste answer and told me that AOE HD is a third party game so I would have to contact Microsoft..

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I ordered the original AoE 2 with the Conquerors expansion online, so I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can then play the Forgotten Empires expansion. I ordered the original AoE2 because I can't get HD to work..
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

BashUgood wrote: Hi Aaryn...

Hopefully the 2.4 patch will solve the problem, I've noticed that others have posted the same issue at Steam also.. I've contacted Steam support but they gave me a copy and paste answer and told me that AOE HD is a third party game so I would have to contact Microsoft..

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I ordered the original AoE 2 with the Conquerors expansion online, so I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail so I can then play the Forgotten Empires expansion. I ordered the original AoE2 because I can't get HD to work..
2.4 doesn't work with XP, does it?I was thinking of getting it in the future.
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Aoe3 is not that dead. In the past 3 years the activity only dropped by about 500-1000 players, which is very decent for a 7.5 year old game.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

I think some people have been able to play using Win XP, Gracias. I have Win XP myself but not sure if that's the problem.

Jerom I do plan on getting AoE3 again also, actually I'm currently bidding on the big box collector's edition  ;)
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

BashUgood wrote:
I think some people have been able to play using Win XP, Gracias. I have Win XP myself but not sure if that's the problem.

Jerom I do plan on getting AoE3 again also, actually I'm currently bidding on the big box collector's edition  ;)
aoe3 disk break soo easy, 4 copy of nilla , 2 twc , 2 tad >.< . my aoe2 CD is still going strong!
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

:o wowzers Joe.. I think you def contributed to AoE when it went Gold for sales..  ;)
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Damn stream didn't accept payment, even GFWL did.
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Welcome back BuG! I'm looking forward to play some games this summer.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

ok i found out why the support for Aoe2 HD has been lacking: they just switched developers. Hidden Paath Entertainment stopped working on it, now it's other guys who run the whole thing.