Hi Everyone !! Looonnnggg time no see..

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Hi Everyone !! Looonnnggg time no see..

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Aaryn_GenD wrote: ok i found out why the support for Aoe2 HD has been lacking: they just switched developers. Hidden Paath Entertainment stopped working on it, now it's other guys who run the whole thing.
Sounds interesting, imo these Hidden Path guys didn't do anything valuable (really, the hd patch on voobly is pretty much the same as what they did except for some corn in the farms).
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well if it comes to content you may be right, but u have to consider it made AOE2 much more accessible. People don't like to hassle around with 3rd party software like Voobly to play a game. Also the widescreen patch was only for  free at Voobly when AOE2 HD was announced. Before u had to pay for it

And i guess nobody thought HD would be such success else the Hidden Path would have planned different
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Oh I didn't know you had to pay for it before, sounds fair then.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: Welcome back BuG! I'm looking forward to play some games this summer.
Thanks Sporting, I'm looking forward to receiving some beatens this summer  :-S
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

Well, I for one must say I play Age of Empires series ardently. Its quite a silly thing to say that it will die simply on its own. Whenever I've gotten on in the past month, there has been about 20 games on at least for Asian Dynasties. However, what I would like to point out is that I have turned from being a proficient online player into a skilled modder.

Its not modding I really need help with, but in fact, I've made a Fan Patch based on Age Sanctuary 1.2, which covers a lot of the mid-game and lategame balance of the game, adds small spice and features into the game, but doesn't change the way the game is played. In this, I also include a vastly improved computer AI (Artificial Intelligence) for single player, which now 1) builds counters to your units, 2) Focuses on Ranged Infantry and Hand Cavalry more often, 3) Manages economy MUCH better, 4) Builds up to three layers of walls lategame and upgrades them, 5) effectively uses new techs, 6) supports you, 7) builds and properly upgrades warships, 8) Upgrades their capitol, 9) Builds a minimum amount of towers each age so that you cannot just pummel them over quickly. Usually, it takes me 1 hour to beat them on a 2v2, and sometimes they beat me - and I'm an ex-Leuitenant Colenel at No Rush and a ex-Captain at Supremacy.

Another note in this mod I've added a University-type building for the European civs, related to the one in Age of Empires II, using ingame art files, with over 60 historically based, tentative techs (about 35 available for each civ; many civilizations share techs, but no civilization has exactly the same tech tree at the Observatory Building).

This modification is for Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties, including Warchiefs expansion, and of course, the vanilla game. It includes a Patch Launcher and a Manual Steam installation.

Link:

http://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/s ... ileid=3466

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521