most memorable video games

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: most memorable video games

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

Pokemon Gold Version, the game I've played the most in my entire life.

I bought it from my friend for 20€ when I was 11 or 12 and after that played it all the time except when I was at school. Even at school I discussed the game with my friend every chance we had. Mom told me to go outside, I brought the GameBoy Color with me. Mom told me to go to sleep, I brought the GameBoy with me and played in the bed until 2 in the morning. And I will admit that about half a year ago I fixed my old GameBoy and played the game for a week or two, few hours a day, as an 18-year-old. I almost even bought a second GameBoy Color and a Silver Version of Pokemon to sync the games to have an access to everything in the games.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Croc, Pokemon Red, The Sims, AoC, Pokemon Silver, Tekken Tag, PES 4, AoE3, WoW, TF2.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

tekken???

virtua fighter > all , including street fighter.

speaking of fighting games...ever play the streets of rage series? haha i can still remember those games despite them being from early 90s (argh feelin old!)

The Music of Video Games [103] Streets of Rage

this was the best , we all played this as a kid before the next gen console waves hit
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Doh!  Forgot about Zelda and mario kart.  Can't tell you how many endless hours I wasted playing both those games.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

HeJurmhoanni wrote: Pokemon Gold Version, the game I've played the most in my entire life.

I bought it from my friend for 20€ when I was 11 or 12 and after that played it all the time except when I was at school. Even at school I discussed the game with my friend every chance we had. Mom told me to go outside, I brought the GameBoy Color with me. Mom told me to go to sleep, I brought the GameBoy with me and played in the bed until 2 in the morning. And I will admit that about half a year ago I fixed my old GameBoy and played the game for a week or two, few hours a day, as an 18-year-old. I almost even bought a second GameBoy Color and a Silver Version of Pokemon to sync the games to have an access to everything in the games.
Sounds like me with the age series, minus the carrying my PC everywhere, that would be both odd and extremely hard to carry :P
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

gameboy color....now that brings back some memories.

used to play super mario bros. deluxe in school. can't recall how many times my 'friends' would filtch my gameboy from my backpack so that they could play it in their study hall sessions.

also played zelda:link's awakening quite a bit - awesome zelda game and equally great gameboy title. many hours spent playing that game in school and elsewhere.
- Dan
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

P Gracias wrote:
HeJurmhoanni wrote: Pokemon Gold Version, the game I've played the most in my entire life.

Sounds like me with the age series, minus the carrying my PC everywhere, that would be both odd and extremely hard to carry :P
Nothing wrong with that. I have 2 game boys colors with red, blue and yellow :)
P Gracias
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by P Gracias »

Offtopic:  new aoe2 HD screenshothttps://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf The graphics look a bit better ;)
Who?What?Where?How?When?Why?
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

I had a ps2 growing up and most memorable games for me was tony hawk pro skater 3 (such an amazing soundtrack too) and nba street 2. Played these games every time friends came over. I got a gamecube later and will add super smash bros to the list
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

MasterDragoon wrote: I had a ps2 growing up and most memorable games for me was tony hawk pro skater 3 (such an amazing soundtrack too) and nba street 2. Played these games every time friends came over. I got a gamecube later and will add super smash bros to the list

Ohhhhh yeah! I was absolutely in love with Tony Hawk's games from the era of Tony Hawk's Underground, Underground 2 and American Wasteland. From those three, American Wasteland is actually also among the most memorable games for me, the stuff you could do in that game were so vast I never grew tired of it. Every day after school (even after the next Tony Hawk's game came out) I went to my friends place or he came to me to spend the evening doing custom skate-parks in the creation mode and playing split-screen with him. I tell you, we must have found like a hundred glitches from the singleplayer maps only by just playing countless of hours of split screen in them, and usually it was hide and seek or tag or something like that we did in split-screen free-roam instead of the designated modes that were actually about skateboarding :D

About a year and a half ago, I remember I dug my PS2 from my cabinet and plugged it into out TV and that was the last time I played that game. Such a great time
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

for wasteland , my all time high score was over 17 million. i did have max stats and perfect balance activated though...

loved playing horse with friends , had a personal tag made and everything. was an awesome game for sure.
- Dan
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

HeJurmhoanni wrote:
MasterDragoon wrote: I had a ps2 growing up and most memorable games for me was tony hawk pro skater 3 (such an amazing soundtrack too) and nba street 2. Played these games every time friends came over. I got a gamecube later and will add super smash bros to the list

Ohhhhh yeah! I was absolutely in love with Tony Hawk's games from the era of Tony Hawk's Underground, Underground 2 and American Wasteland. From those three, American Wasteland is actually also among the most memorable games for me, the stuff you could do in that game were so vast I never grew tired of it. Every day after school (even after the next Tony Hawk's game came out) I went to my friends place or he came to me to spend the evening doing custom skate-parks in the creation mode and playing split-screen with him. I tell you, we must have found like a hundred glitches from the singleplayer maps only by just playing countless of hours of split screen in them, and usually it was hide and seek or tag or something like that we did in split-screen free-roam instead of the designated modes that were actually about skateboarding :D

About a year and a half ago, I remember I dug my PS2 from my cabinet and plugged it into out TV and that was the last time I played that game. Such a great time
Yea man, it brings back so much nostalgia
TubTub
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TubTub »

Recent-ish - Rainbow Six Vegas (I was in the Top EU team), CoD4 (Best CoD imo), AOE3 for obvious reasons.

Childhood - Super Mario (n64), Legend of Zelda (n64), Pokemon blue.
Tubruk (AoE:3, (2235)Hearthstone HoW)
IamTubruk (LOL)
Momojia (Steam)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Fantastic thread but for me I have favourites on every platform instead of all round favourites.

Going way back to my first console...Sega Mega Drive you had classics like Sonic the Hedgehog, Golden Axe and Streets of Rage.

On the N64 you had GoldenEye and Zelda Ocarina of Time.

My first PC game was Sid Meier's Colonization

On handheld devices I don't think anything rivalled Pokémon, I actually think the Pokémon franchise really drove handheld device sales in the mid-naughties.

Then onto the franchise I have and probably always will support...the Playstation. Over the years I have played many great games. You have Gran Turismo, Tomb Raider(Latest of which is a cracking game), Grand Theft Auto, then more recently you had Red Dead Redemption I played and thought was another great game. There are many many many I could mention but I shall leave it at that.

I actually got into the Age series when I first played Age of Empires 2 on my PS2 and enjoyed it so much that when I got myself a PC the first game I looked to purchase was AoE2, and the rest, as they say, is history.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

first pc game i ever played was quest for glory 5 (pretty cool rpg ) , followed by sid meyers civ 1 and then jedi knight dark forces 2 and its expansion mysteries of the sith (awesome games especially on multiplayer)

i first got aoe1 in summer of 98 and became hooked easily. i still remember the first multiplayer game on it i did was a 3v3 deathmatch and i assumed that the build limit was 50 just like the campaign....i about crapped myself when 200 eles  what seemed to be about 400 phalanxes came crashing into my base of 40ish axemen haha was rather funny how bad i got pwnd
- Dan