You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

KAISER VON NUBEN!!!

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Gentlemen!

Yes, I know it's been an "Age" since I've seen you all last--and I can see that there are many of you here now whom I've never met!  So much time has passed, but how many good memories I have of this place.  Some things in life endure as we remember them, and it certainly looks like N3O is one of them.

It's hard to believe that it's been well over two years since I moved on from AOE3.  I did so under difficult circumstances in my life, and only recently has some degree of calm returned for me.  As soon as it did, my mind began to wander back to things I've always enjoyed: N3O swiftly sprang to mind.  I knew that N3O largely switched over to SC2 a year or so ago, and I knew that wasn't my game.  But time puts everything in perspective.  It also makes old things seem sweeter.  That's why I decided it's definitely time to come back and play AOE3 again!

Needless to say, AOE3 and N3O are united in my mind.  Even during the game's "heyday," I only continued playing after I had found my brothers in N3O.  It was the people who made the game, not the game itself.  You should all be proud to be part of such a fantastic, steadfast group.  I can see that the spirit survives; it's stood the test of time!  How can I ever forget?  Strokey, Lazy, Joe, Dan (both Deadhand and DJ), Etrips, Lisbon, Soccer, Blackadder, Coma, Aaryn, lordandcount, emperoral, Indy, 36drew... the list goes on and on and on!  I'm sure most of you have moved on to SC2 (if not some other pursuit), but trust me, it's great knowing you're all still out there.

So this is my long way of saying that I'd love to play with you all again if you ever get the inkling to head back to AOE3.  Who knows?  Maybe one day I'll cave in and give SC2 a try, but as I've always said, I really prefer games with a historical twinge to them.  And of course having Germans in a game is a major consideration for me.  Truth be told, I'm really much more a FPS guy and I'm the first to admit that my RTS skills are not my best.  But playing with N3O has always been its own reward.  I hope that we can all manage to get some games in the coming weeks!  I just need a couple weeks to remember how to spam uhlans... let's see, 50 food, 100 coin... 3 SW on coin... make control group key for stable... get food/coin market upgrades... IN DEN KAMPF!!!  Yeah, I think I can handle this  ;)

As far as my own life goes, things are way better than they were when I put aside AOE back in late 2009.  I still have significant obligations at home, but they are far less urgent than they used to be.  I've also found a new career modeling in NYC (those who've seen my FB page can attest to that!), and that's keeping the cash flowing.  I still have my law license but just don't have the time to dedicate to a full-time office job.  Not that I even want that!  I'm also starting to write a new book about the experiences I've been having for the last couple years, which have been pretty extraordinary.  But I'll fill you in on all that as time goes on.  I'm sure you all remember that I'm never hesitant to hit the "Post" button  8)

I'm feeling great right now.  I feel like I'm reconnecting with people who played a big role in my life, and I'm so happy to check in with you all again.  And I certainly look forward to meeting all the new N3O'ers, as well as hearing about all that's changed since I've been gone.

All the best, guys, and happy gaming!!

K_v_N
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: KAISER VON NUBEN!!!

Post by jerom »

I think our current community is a bit split up between SC2 and AoE3 but still plenty of people playing AoE3 imo. We also have a FFA league atm, you should check it out in the aoe3 general discussion forum :D

Anyways, Welcome back. I fear N3O just keeps all of us connected for life, cant get rid of those memories :P
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

good to have some "old" ppl back. Dunno if you remember me but we used to play a few games back in the days. :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Good to see you back Kaiser!
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

Welcome back!

Or referring to your name "Willkommen zurück!"

:)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Kaiser! WOW! Its been too long bro. Way too long. Its great to hear from you again. I think of you way more than u´d believe, and possibly more than Id like to admit.

I delivered my goodbye´s to this clan a while back since it, and the games it pursues, have no longer fed my daily serotonin intakes. I have since indulged in the Star Wars The Old Republic. Ive had a whale of a time. Ive still been keeping a keen ninja eye on these forums for a while now.

Im glad to know that your doing well and that life has, finally, shone on with the graciousness you so deserve.

I dearly miss your Ulhan days.

out
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

great to hear from you again. you came back at  the perfect time. just when the N3O FFA games brought more activity, and several other people in the last months admitting  their interest in joining again.
some felt bitter (like dhd with aoeo) i hope to catch him on steam again.
also, you should definitely give sc2 a try!
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

Your comeback message shows the large gap of culture between you and me. Mine was only 2 sentences long. I stand in awe.

Welcome back, perfect timing. I was 1,5 year inactive so we can be incompetent together.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

It was quite nice speaking with you on ESO this afternoon (morning?).  I hope to have more of those.

I'd also like to see more of that Lazy guy up there^^^  :)

(I think I about him often).
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Kaiser, it's great to see you back! :) Two years is a loooooooooooong time :P

I got to agree with jerom, most of the N3O members are currently playing SC2. Some members, for example Sporting, can be found on Age of Empires related games like AOE:O. The last category of members are those who aren't very active on any age of empires related game (like Lazy and myself) anymore. Though, most of them can - gladly - still be found on the forums to enjoy the N3O community. Last time though, I think more members have returned to Age of Empires again.

Anyhow, great to see you being back again! :D
Last edited by DutchNvG on Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by emperoral »

Well I'll come out of lurkwood, lurk lurk...ooo bright lights.. :D Well I'll be honest still sniff around here but not often. Have problems loading Age on comp really.. ie wont let Tribes or the Asian mob work and the game looks crap in basic mode i believe. Dont have SC2 might treat myself but I have fallen prey to the Xbox 360 ie Black Ops & Skyrim. I'll try again maybe this Friday to sort out 'Age' game.

Last note we still use team speak mubble skpye etc? I lost all my info when my old hard drive decieded to play dead with me...
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

we have ts , but no one is ever on it.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Great hearing from all of you!  I'm going to do my best to round up some AOE action, but whether that happens or not, I'm back on the forums  ;)  It seems that even if a game fades into history, the dedicated fellows who played it never do. 

My best times will be US nights and weekends, especially Sunday.  I work freelance these days, but my weeks get extremely busy and my only quiet day is Sunday.  Sometimes I have to work late at night, too, and that makes for a crazy schedule.  But I'm grateful for the work; and extra grateful that I don't have a boss telling me what to do!  I'm der einzige Kaiser of my Haus  8) 

Al, I hear you on the Black Ops.  In the last couple years I've gone back to my FPS roots and just totally pwned.  I've also been playing a ton of World of Tanks--which has the 1940s equivalent of uhlans: BIG FAT PANZERS!  And guess what my name is over there?  Nope, not KAISER von Nuben: GENERAL von Nuben!  And I lay waste to those nasty Soviets, Americans and Frenchmen.  Ja wohl!

I'm actually quite giddy to have reconnected with all of you.  It's like coming back to family!

See you around!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

joe4holly wrote: we have ts , but no one is ever on it.
in the last couple of months we were, once i am back i'm sure we will use it again^^
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Hi Kaiser!

Welcome back. Was missing your walls of text :P